Warning: Political Takes Watching football!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Watching the Memphis vs arky state game, because I'm starving for live football... Really curious to know why these smaller conferences could start this weekend and the SEC felt it necessary to delay the season?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Watching the Memphis vs arky state game, because I'm starving for live football... Really curious to know why these smaller conferences could start this weekend and the SEC felt it necessary to delay the season?

These smaller schools got to be loving being the marquee games. lol

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
My initial thought was the same. But I think the indecision of the P5 made it necessary to delay. And with all the talk of liability and just the unknown of everything, I’m sure that played a major part in the decision as well. I actually think it was a good idea in hindsight. You get a chance to survey the landscape and see if playing football is feasible. The NFL will have a 2 week head start and if they’re running smoothly that bodes well for our season reaching a conclusion.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I hate to admit it, but under the current political climate what you said makes a lot of sense.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
there is no liability for the sniffles.

there is huge liability for shutting down businesses, economic damage, contract losses etc.
There’s whispers of this thing potentially having long lasting affects on the brain.
Personally, I think it’s much ado about nothing. But I understand at least giving it due diligence.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Liberals be like

upload_2020-9-6_15-28-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-6_15-28-14.jpeg
    upload_2020-9-6_15-28-14.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 73

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I tried to watch the Memphis/Arky State game last night until the ****ing political commentary started, then I turned it off.

ESPN had better shelve their leftist bull**** while the Gators and SEC are playing. Sports are designed to escape this bull**** for 2 or 3 hours.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I tried to watch the Memphis/Arky State game last night until the ****ing political commentary started, then I turned it off.

ESPN had better shelve their leftist bull**** while the Gators and SEC are playing. Sports are designed to escape this bull**** for 2 or 3 hours.

I watched games on ESPN and CBS Sportschannel and there were waaaaaay waaaaay more political commentary and demonstrations during the ESPN games than the others.

I can’t help but think that ESPN encouraged the teams they broadcast to take advantage of the opportunity

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
**** it...this is bs

I remember when Zook stated during the 2004 election that he’d encouraged and made sure each player voted, even though he knew it was for a different candidate than he was voting for. Basically it was nice when it was ok to have differences. It’s funny that it’s suddenly seen as this drastic move to ensure that players can vote. Has there ever been a problem with that, or are we just manufacturing issues again? And what if these players select the other guy?

Also, “legal rights”? Yikes. If we’re just making things up, how about guaranteed ponies at birth like some of us have?

The whole thing is so dumb, and so disingenuous it’s embarrassing.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I remember when Zook stated during the 2004 election that he’d encouraged and made sure each player voted, even though he knew it was for a different candidate than he was voting for. Basically it was nice when it was ok to have differences. It’s funny that it’s suddenly seen as this drastic move to ensure that players can vote. Has there ever been a problem with that, or are we just manufacturing issues again? And what if these players select the other guy?

Also, “legal rights”? Yikes. If we’re just making things up, how about guaranteed ponies at birth like some of us have?

The whole thing is so dumb, and so disingenuous it’s embarrassing.

The fact that there needs to be empathy for ppl getting their feelings hurt and need their hand held to vote is pretty telling that supplication is the name of the game...it’s not about rights it’s about votes...and reminiscent of the famous LBJ quote

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The fact that there needs to be empathy for ppl getting their feelings hurt and need their hand held to vote is pretty telling that supplication is the name of the game...it’s not about rights it’s about votes...and reminiscent of the famous LBJ quote

Oh, I can and do empathize with people in a tough spot, and have shown that with years of volunteer work and in the general way I live my life. What I don’t do is pretend that these situations happened by chance or aren’t completely correctable if people are willing to be honest and have one of those “conversations” that I alway hear about. But there’s nothing that indicates either of those are likely to happen.

But even l still, just making things up is an insult to everyone involved including themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator