Warning: Political Takes Watching football!

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I would love to hear an actual story about racial discrimination other than personal choice or attitude that led to an actual detriment in someone’s life...not only offended or upset but actually ruined their lives...that I can empathize with

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would love to hear an actual story about racial discrimination other than personal choice or attitude that led to an actual detriment in someone’s life...not only offended or upset but actually ruined their lives...that I can empathize with

If there were any we would have heard about it multiple times by now

Most people have resorted to embellishments if not total fabrication

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
If there were any we would have heard about it multiple times by now

Most people have resorted to embellishments if not total fabrication

Someone calling you a word or looking at you funny isn’t a need for social justice...neither is harassment from the cops...it happens to everyone in the wrong neighborhood...hell I’ve been called on by people in the neighborhood I’ve been working in cause I’m covered in tattoos...the whole thing is ridiculed especially considering the programs for Black people that want to succeed are much easier to apply for when you get them based on your skin color...I have legitimate empathy for those in the civil rights era I have empathy for the Irish that “need not apply” and for the children in Selma and Birmingham...these spoiled ass kids are in no position to besmirch the work done by those in the civil rights movement by saying that equality isn’t enough...I’d love to see a list of real grievances and have a talk with people that are saying they need a hand being “equal” in today’s society...please I want to have a literal discussion on facts and not emotion...haven’t found it yet...and I doubt I ever will because you can’t have a discussion with someone that starts out with a “privilege” lesson

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Someone calling you a word or looking at you funny isn’t a need for social justice...neither is harassment from the cops...it happens to everyone in the wrong neighborhood...hell I’ve been called on by people in the neighborhood I’ve been working in cause I’m covered in tattoos...the whole thing is ridiculed especially considering the programs for Black people that want to succeed are much easier to apply for when you get them based on your skin color...I have legitimate empathy for those in the civil rights era I have empathy for the Irish that “need not apply” and for the children in Selma and Birmingham...these spoiled ass kids are in no position to besmirch the work done by those in the civil rights movement by saying that equality isn’t enough...I’d love to see a list of real grievances and have a talk with people that are saying they need a hand being “equal” in today’s society...please I want to have a literal discussion on facts and not emotion...haven’t found it yet...and I doubt I ever will because you can’t have a discussion with someone that starts out with a “privilege” lesson

Well put. Unfortunately there is no interest in an honest, open conversation. Just a lecture that has to be bought 100% or else you're told that you're a bad person.

Also, sorry, that was me that called the cops on you. I had no idea.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Well put. Unfortunately there is no interest in an honest, open conversation. Just a lecture that has to be bought 100% or else you're told that you're a bad person.

Also, sorry, that was me that called the cops on you. I had no idea.

I don’t live in South Florida mistaken identity...you’re good

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I plan to tape the Gator games and only watch replay so I can FF any non-football content.

Dove season opens 9/26, deer season in GA opens 10/17, so plenty of entertaining options I prefer to football anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.