We are being sabotaged

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I don't think it could be anymore clear. First we hire Musdump to takeover for Urb, a former UGay player. Then we go all out for this tool Mac, a stooge from Bama. And now not only have we hired a Miss St. AD but he goes out and brings in Mullen. What idiot would ever think they give 2 shyts about Gator football in the first place? Not sure what happened with Frost, Ive been on the golf course the last 4 hours and got a text from my buddy in Tampa telling me it was Mullen. For god freaking sakes. Bull gators or somebody has got to step in here and put an end to the BS.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The only real surprise (and disappointment) I have as it that we didn't make a play for Norvell or Fuente. Otherwise, I understand the Mullen choice. He's done a lot with a little at MSU. He's coached the SEC. We know the guy. He can create offense. We'll now get to see the full potential.

I frankly prefer him over Strong or Taggart, and those apparently were the remaining choices.

TheAlumni

Oct 29, 2017
Search the internet for the stories, Frost refused to meet with UF officials, it's being reported he got a call from Tom Osborne who told him, "we need you, it's time to come home"......how do you turn that down.....??

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Search the internet for the stories, Frost refused to meet with UF officials, it's being reported he got a call from Tom Osborne who told him, "we need you, it's time to come home"......how do you turn that down.....??

From what I've read, he was open to UF before the Osborne call and we made a strong push for him. Emotional decision on his part. He may live to regret it.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
From what I've read, he was open to UF before the Osborne call and we made a strong push for him. Emotional decision on his part. He may live to regret it.
Well he will be regretting that move for the rest of his life IMO. And so will we probably.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well he will be regretting that move for the rest of his life IMO. And so will we probably.

We actually came very close to a home-run hire in each case. You can't fault Stricklin. Intangibles ruled the roost in both instances.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
We actually came very close to a pair of home-run hires. You can't fault Stricklin in either case. Intangibles ruled the roost in both instances.
Okay......so we can't hire a quality coach that can bring excitement and respectability back to our football program and it's nobody's fault?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okay......so we can't hire a quality coach that can bring excitement and respectability back to our football program and it's nobody's fault?

You haven't been following this close if you have to ask that question. Go do your homework. And Mullen is a quality coach. He just isn't a splash hire.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We actually came very close to a home-run hire in each case. You can't fault Stricklin. Intangibles ruled the roost in both instances.

Can’t blame him but he should have locked down Kelly or moved on faster. The whole two weeks thing made us look foolish and gave Kelly a playing card (us)

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
So we are gonna keep blaming Foley? Is that it? Foley is gone and for however much he screwed this program it now is in the hands of others and they are continuing to back up the toilet with turds and toilet paper.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can’t blame him but he should have locked down Kelly or moved on faster. The whole two weeks thing made us look foolish and gave Kelly a playing card (us)

That's a question that will be asked a long time. How long did we actually chase the guy? We burned a lot of valuable time on him, but I don't think it changes the outcome. I honestly don't.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
That's a question that will be asked a long time. How long did we actually chase the guy? We burned a lot of valuable time on him, but I don't think it changes the outcome. I honestly don't.
You don't think the Mullen hire was something in the back of Stricklin's mind all along?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You don't think the Mullen hire was something in the back of Stricklin's mind all along?

I absolutely do know it was. He was listed early as one of our targets. But I don't think he came before Kelly or Frost. He was the third option all along.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
He will, Nebraska ceiling now is Iowa, 8-4, no titles.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He will, Nebraska ceiling now is Iowa, 8-4, no titles.

State of Florida is the ideal place for that guy to recruit and settle down with that offense. He could have built something unique at Florida. I think he knew it and yet when Osborne called ... the heart fluttered. I get it.

TheAlumni

Oct 29, 2017

How much faster could he have moved, he could not talk to an active coach until today when the season ended...the only big name coach out there was Chip Kelly....we went for it and lost.....

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, could be. Unless you mind control the targeted coach, they still have various reasons for making their own personal choices. Might not have anything to do with our UAA offers or state of program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator