We caught a break from Mother Nature

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Unlike under Muschump last year, it looks like we will actually play our first game! Of course Tropical Storm Erika looks like it will hit Florida, but it should be over by Wednesday. Worst case scenario is that NMSU will have to delay its travel by a day, which will put us at an even greater advantage. I hope our groundskeepers have a strategy to keep the field from turning into a mud pit.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It is The Swamp!

Turk from Bell.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
threatmatrix;n267520 said:
A tropical storm is just a typical summer afternoon in Florida.
I like the bravado and remember those PM storms well, but this storm is no joke. 12 dead from the storm and state of emergency in Florida. Millions of coastal residents could be impacted. Everyone be smart and stay safe and dry.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;267524 said:
I like the bravado and remember those PM storms well, but this storm is no joke. 12 dead from the storm and state of emergency in Florida. Millions of coastal residents could be impacted. Everyone be smart and stay safe and dry.

It's rough and has high winds currently but according to the national weather center it should only be a weak tropical storm by the time it hits Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015
threatmatrix;n267520 said:
A tropical storm is just a typical summer afternoon in Florida.

Agreed, this should be nothing more than a typical afternoon thunderstorm by the time it gets here

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Let's hear it for the new IPF!!!

Thanks for twisting fooley's arm coach!!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
lagator;n267524 said:

12 dead. Where? Haiti. Not the same thing sparky. Your one of those guys that turn on their hazard lights and drive real slow on the interstate any time it rains aren't you?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah, it was memorable.

Attachments

• conv_4219.jpg
    conv_4219.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 18

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n267524 said:

Yeahhhhhhhh nobody's going to die from this storm in this country.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n267582 said:
Yeahhhhhhhh nobody's going to die from this storm in this country.

I wouldnt go that far... Even a weak tropical storm has the potential to produce tornadoes.... Anybody gets one of those and you never know. Either way, praying this is the case and this storm has little effect.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n267593 said:
I wouldnt go that far... Even a weak tropical storm has the potential to produce tornadoes.... Anybody gets one of those and you never know. Either way, praying this is the case and this storm has little effect.

Storm has completely dissipated over the Caribbean. We'll get a good amount of rain, but nothing else.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
My point, not to be an ass, is that the press tends to make a big deal out of every little storm. Yes, you should take precautions if you know it's coming. No, don't take your grandma out for a stroll in a storm. But this is Florida. This is the tropics. Tropical storms are a normal part of the weather pattern and we can handle it. Don't even wake me unless a Cat 2 is coming and then I might bring the lawn chairs in. However, today might be a good day to clean the gutters.
At least this storm had a proper female name.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n267701 said:
My point, not to be an ass, is that the press tends to make a big deal out of every little storm. Yes, you should take precautions if you know it's coming. No, don't take your grandma out for a stroll in a storm. But this is Florida. This is the tropics. Tropical storms are a normal part of the weather pattern and we can handle it. Don't even wake me unless a Cat 2 is coming and then I might bring the lawn chairs in. However, today might be a good day to clean the gutters.
At least this storm had a proper female name.

State of emergency, my ass. This is a prime example of why the general public ignore the warnings when they shouldn't. A moron governor declares a state of emergency when every local weatherman from Key West to Pensacola is reporting this storm has zero chance of amounting to anything for days. Guv Skeletor just trying to justify the department of emergency preparedness and their cohorts. Danny was sheared to death by winds, mountains and the very dry water vapor loop just days before the exact same thing was predicted for Erika. The tiny island of Dominica suffered damage and deaths because it is mountainous and they had 15 inches of rain in just over 24 hours which flooded the hell out of the island.

Typical gummint incompetence.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
The purpose of this post was to analyze the storm in regards to our game next Saturday. There needs to be discussion which blends both ESPN and The Weather Channel equally . . .

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n267718 said:
The purpose of this post was to analyze the storm in regards to our game next Saturday. There needs to be discussion which blends both ESPN and The Weather Channel equally . . .

That low pressure will be in Savannah by Wednesday night....aight?

Goon from the Moon

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
64247243.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online