We Talkin Bout The State of the Program!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's a pretty big agenda here. Some posters here and a couple retarded media boys have already declared trask the starter after 2 days of practice.

I actually thinks its mostly the opposite you have the paid site guys reaching to say bad stuff against Trask as not to offend the coaching staff or whoever with regards to Franks. Its kind of funny they go from praising Franks for being a ra ra leader that is having issues with his passes to saying Trask is having trouble with knowing plays when the little bit the coaches said previously was Trask always picked things up quickly and that was his strong point.

If you watch that Spring game Franks (freshman or not) throws it 3 times when the defender had the position on the receiver like he either doesn't care or has no clue what the heck is going on. There is nothing really on Franks high school tape that suggests he can properly scan the field for defenders quickly and put the ball into tight windows. Most of his completions are just staring one on one matchups down then throwing to his receiver and he shows good mobility. If these picks were just run of the mill interceptions it wouldn't worry me that much with him being young but they are ones you just shake your head and say why in the heck did he even attempt that pass. Trask may not be a future star but he hasn't shown anything like that so far at least.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone TRULY believe Trask or Franks will start in Dallas?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I am not buying the LDR thing. I dont think he plays again.
Why is that? Mac never once voiced any negativity about him, played him until his arm literally fell off and he's proven he likes to stick with the same guy come hell or high water. What makes you think he WANTS to change QBs?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Why is that? Mac never once voiced any negativity about him, played him until his arm literally fell off and he's proven he likes to stick with the same guy come hell or high water. What makes you think he WANTS to change QBs?

Honestly? I dont know. I just think he has to move forward with one of the new guys.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly? I dont know. I just think he has to move forward with one of the new guys.
That's my point. Everyone is just HOPING one of the youngsters takes over, but I've seen nothing to lead me to believe anyone other than LDR will be trotted out there.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone TRULY believe Trask or Franks will start in Dallas?

I do and I think it will be Franks whether he truly earned it or not because the coaches know they won't get as much pushback if the blue chipper falls flat in his first outing. I think there has been enough pushback on LDR and he saw enough on the field that he wouldn't start him unless Franks and Trask both were really playing bad in practice.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

[GIPHY="literally"]https://media4.giphy.com/media/3oriOfsNTtkyW1AHBK/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

:grin:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I get where you are coming from but I really think the know LDR is done and can't get it done. He played well against UK last year, but I don't know if he will ever be healthy again.

I also think Mac realizes he needs a QB that will succeed this year and the only way he will start LDR is if Franks or Trask are really really bad. I actually think one of them is going to turn out to be a good QB. I'm not saying Heisman winner, but I think one of them can be a viable QB for his offense. Maybe I am just pumping :pumper:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I think the lack of info coming out about practice and the fact that we only get these cute made for the Internet videos, proves to me we don't practice. I've always suspected we didn't practice because we play like we don't. But now I'm convinced of it.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think the lack of info coming out about practice and the fact that we only get these cute made for the Internet videos, proves to me we don't practice. I've always suspected we didn't practice because we play like we don't. But now I'm convinced of it.

Can't tell if serious or not and that scares me

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

The truth is that Bammer and all the other elite teams (or mediocre teams w elite staffs) have a guy dedicated to watching all those and getting actionable intel.

Id like to see something on film that appeared to be progress but didnt Driskel look good on film and LDR complete 100 percent of his passes in the O&B. So even if they televised it all and you saw it, would it matter? Or would you still need to see it on the field in September to believe it.

We are doing the right thing in this case. In today's CFB you cant have open practices.

Last edited:

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I think Mac is reading the tea leaves, new coaches and such. I believe there is no confidence in LDR with the fan base and Mac knows it, Franks will start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.