Wednesday Worsts…Pests, Rodents or Reptiles

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
Never. Always thought bed bugs was a pre-1940s thing—thus the old “don’t let the bed bugs bite” expression—and reserved now only for hobos who hop from train to train, sleeping on burlap sacks. All that said, your story, at least on the surface, seems to be the exception to this rule. But I notice you left out how you traveled to this potentially wrongfully accused beach house.
Exhibits 1/x photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Other than the bear knocking over the trash at 0300, the mountain lions attacking the neighbors pet cat, the deer browsing my wife's rose bushes, and the occasional coyote pack howling over a rabbit kill at dawn, not much going on out here. Oh, yeah, rabbits eating the garden, gopher burrows as big as a Pinellas sinkhole and horse flies from the neighbors stable. But, today the high is 70, the low is 38, the sun is bright the breeze is light and all is well in the world.
Have her plant roses around the smoker. Saves time.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Cockroaches. I've tried all kinds of professinal exterminators and their monthly treatments, but we still manage to get our share of freaking roaches.

It's Florida, so whatever. But what exactly is God's plan for the cockroach? Do possums even eat them? What is their purpose on this Earth?!?!?!?
Borate...Spiked with a little sugar

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Bugs Insects GIF by 60 Second Docs

Formosan Termites.
They have destroyed my house.
I've got a damage contract ($300K) with my pest control company...that they REFUSE to honor.

Going to arbitration.

Kicker...The house was almost paid off.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Formosan Termites.
I've got a damage contract ($300K) with my pest control company...that they REFUSE to honor.

Going to arbitration.

Ouch!

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Anyone can PM me if they are having issues. I have a law firm that specializes in this. MAJOR issue on the Gulf Coast especially here and Mobile.

Most the damage was done in less than 2 years.

This is a MAJOR pest control company. It's in their business model. Delay, Delay, Delay. I had what I thought was an iron clad contract. I now can't sell (until resolved), can't get an equity loan, and can't move until this is resolved. Oh and I lost my homeowners.

Let's see what God's going to do with this?

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
If we’re going this big, then I agree and may have to add a close second. Possums are absolutely terrible. Had one living in an attack of a short sale I bought once. They are disgusting animals. Basically the roaches of that group.
There is one animal that makes a Possum seem like the family pet. I had a friend who had the misfortune to have a skunk get under his house and have babies. It took him over a month to coax them out without any "accidents".

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
There is one animal that makes a Possum seem like the family pet. I had a friend who had the misfortune to have a skunk get under his house and have babies. It took him over a month to coax them out without any "accidents".
They are notorious for homesteading. If you have pets and feed them outdoors, it is a welcome mat for skunks, raccoons and possums.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Anyone can PM me if they are having issues. I have a law firm that specializes in this. MAJOR issue on the Gulf Coast especially here and Mobile.

Most the damage was done in less than 2 years.

This is a MAJOR pest control company. It's in their business model. Delay, Delay, Delay. I had what I thought was an iron clad contract. I now can't sell (until resolved), can't get an equity loan, and can't move until this is resolved. Oh and I lost my homeowners.

Let's see what God's going to do with this?
I’m sorry. That’s terrible.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I heard a funny story yesterday. Mom of 8 went out for an evening with friends. When she got home the house was too quiet so she peeked in through the window. The kids were sitting in a circle with baby skunks in the middle. The mom burst into the house and screamed “RUN!!!!”

Each kid grabbed a skunk and ran. :lol:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I heard a funny story yesterday. Mom of 8 went out for an evening with friends. When she got home the house was too quiet so she peeked in through the window. The kids were sitting in a circle with baby skunks in the middle. The mom burst into the house and screamed “RUN!!!!”

Each kid grabbed a skunk and ran. :lol:
Season 8 Bravo GIF

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Formosan Termites.

Going to arbitration.

We had a termite guy tell us, about a decade ago, that the formosan termite is an absolutely voracious monster and that they will totally change the industry.

I'm so sorry that they happened to your home and hope you get assistance/ relief.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
They are notorious for homesteading. If you have pets and feed them outdoors, it is a welcome mat for skunks, raccoons and possums.
Feeding pets outdoors will attract skunks, raccoons, opossums, armadillos, foxes, deer, and other animals TBD. Mrs. Nalt has actually fed the wildlife mentioned for 21 years since we moved into the house we built. I told her for several years that she needed to stop before she wound up getting bitten by one of them. Then about 5 or 6 years ago she came in the house and showed me where she was bitten by a baby raccoon. She had to endure the series of rabies shots for about three rounds. She still feeds them...:headslap:

Now, my contribution to the original question... Fleas. I don't mean those sand fleas at the beach, I mean fleas that dogs, cats, skunks, raccoons, opossums, foxes, deer carry. When fleas get into your house it is equally difficult to get rid of them as any other creature except maybe the brown recluse spiders...

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Feeding pets outdoors will attract skunks, raccoons, opossums, armadillos, foxes, deer, and other animals TBD. Mrs. Nalt has actually fed the wildlife mentioned for 21 years since we moved into the house we built. I told her for several years that she needed to stop before she wound up getting bitten by one of them. Then about 5 or 6 years ago she came in the house and showed me where she was bitten by a baby raccoon. She had to endure the series of rabies shots for about three rounds. She still feeds them...:headslap:

Now, my contribution to the original question... Fleas. I don't mean those sand fleas at the beach, I mean fleas that dogs, cats, skunks, raccoons, opossums, foxes, deer carry. When fleas get into your house it is equally difficult to get rid of them as any other creature except maybe the brown recluse spiders...
I forgot all about the fleas! I am very thankful for the relatively recent invention of monthly flea prevention for my dogs. However, I remember as a child having to pluck those suckers off my dogs one by one with tweezers. And, of course, squeezing them out of the rims of my socks before they could hop away. Good times. :eek3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator