Weightlifting: Transgender lifter Laurel Hubbard wins first international outing

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11821399

Kiwi weightlifter Laurel Hubbard has dominated her first major competition, taking out the Australian International in Melbourne on a night she made history as the first transgender athlete to represent New Zealand.

Hubbard, 39, won the women's over 90kg division at the Melbourne event, setting four unofficial national records in the process. Hubbard lifted a combined total of 268kg - 19kg better than silver medallist Iuniarra Sipaia of Samoa.

Hubbard's selection was a considered a pioneering moment in sport for the LBGT community. Further ground could yet be broken, with tonight's performance in Melbourne expected to go a long way to securing Hubbard's place in the team for the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games next year.

CHP_Export_153884186_2017_Axxx.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't get. Why not just keep your dick if you wanna be butch?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Color me surprised a man is wiping the floor with the competition when HE's competing against real women.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To the PF in 3, 2, .....

I actually think this one should stay here. It's about sports. Yes it intermingles a bit into political beliefs, but it is technically about sports and how the new age of political correctness is infiltrating it's ranks to the detriment of the participants in many ways. In this case, it's the real women who are losing out to someone who shouldn't even be eligible to compete against them.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I actually think this one should stay here. It's about sports. Yes it intermingles a bit into political beliefs, but it is technically about sports and how the new age of political correctness is infiltrating it's ranks to the detriment of the participants in many ways. In this case, it's the real women who are losing out to someone who shouldn't even be eligible to compete against them.

Is wimmens weightlifting even a sport? She should get her 200 lb ugly ass back in the kitchen.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

This x1000

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I teach a couple of English classes here. I have a "David" in my class whose real name is Světlana. I call her David, but use female pronouns. It's crazy that this guy is allowed to compete against women. It's wrong.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I In this case, it's the real women who are losing out to someone who shouldn't even be eligible to compete against them.
No, in EVERY case of political correctness run amok its the "real" people in the group that pay the price. Affirmative action, the tranny stuff, immigration, etc. Anyone with even a passing interest in cause/effect relationships can show that whatever small benefit is realized by these policies are greatly outweighed in the long run by the inevitable marginalization of the greater group. On the other hand, maybe if a few more men start identifying as women, the WNBA might actually become watchable.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
It might be a man who had his external genitalia altered. It might be a man who took some hormones. But it's still a man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.