Welcome 4* LB David Reese

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
We could keep the Teez name around just for situations like this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe not.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
What do we do? I identify them by uniform numbers?

Two Juwaan Taylors and two David Reeses? Really?
At least the Juwan's spell their names differently and play different positions. The Reese's literally play the same LB position. It's a common name I guess but it's still odd.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's awful light. Obviously has time to put weight on though.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
https://florida.rivals.com/news/impact-analysis-florida-lands-a-difference-maker-at-linebacker
The Bottom Line:
Even as someone who believe's in the sanctity of the rankings, at this time he is ranked lower than I would expect him to be in the end. Comparing him to the best of the best that were in Indianapolis and Beaverton he is closer to being a Rivals 100 type prospect than he is being a four-star outside of the Rivals250.
There is a long way to go in both this cycle and then his playing career, and I am not one to jump the gun, but I have a feeling he is going to go down as one of the top overall signees of the Jim McElwain area to this point (2 1/2 cycles).

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
https://florida.rivals.com/news/impact-analysis-florida-lands-a-difference-maker-at-linebacker
The Bottom Line:
Even as someone who believe's in the sanctity of the rankings, at this time he is ranked lower than I would expect him to be in the end. Comparing him to the best of the best that were in Indianapolis and Beaverton he is closer to being a Rivals 100 type prospect than he is being a four-star outside of the Rivals250.
There is a long way to go in both this cycle and then his playing career, and I am not one to jump the gun, but I have a feeling he is going to go down as one of the top overall signees of the Jim McElwain area to this point (2 1/2 cycles).

Did that guy just say Mac's recruiting is currently at 2 1/2 cycles? He's obviously a pumper or he would be calling it the fourth year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Easily one of the best linebackers in the country. Fantastic pick up. He's been trending toward us for a while.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
And the list keeps growing. Now lets add another stud and make it a DLman.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm really liking this name David Reese. Can we just make it a rule that any star defensive player with this name has to play for us?

Welcome to Gator Nation :chomp:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Big time player at a position of need... yes please! I love me a LB with a mean streak and it looks like this kid had one!

Mac is having a great year recruiting! Let's hope this is a sign that things are turning for Gator Nation!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Easily one of the best linebackers in the country. Fantastic pick up. He's been trending toward us for a while.

I'll take your word for it, but he's rated a 3 or 4* depending on the recruiting service. Any reason he's under rated? Is it his weight?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm calling it now. Some form of a "Reese's Pieces" comment from Mick after a big hit from one or both of them in the coming years.

Great pick up in what's becoming a really solid class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.