Welcome 4* WR Jacob Copeland

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thornton may not be when all is said and done.
Some are a little light, sure, but there are only a few that aren't even close. the rest can easily add a few.

Also - the majority of our class is DB and WR. I expect one more DB and one more WR.

The rest OL and DL and maybe one more RB.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
We'll be around 24-26.
I doubt it. Mac's had trouble even getting to 25 with no roster restrictions. This is the first year he's having to watch his numbers. I think he nds up around 22.

Thornton may not be when all is said and done.
Some are a little light, sure, but there are only a few that aren't even close. the rest can easily add a few.
All I'm saying is so far this class is made up of a bunch of DB's and WR's so far. There are only 3 trenches guys out of the 16 so far. And people are talking like we have more DB's and WR's to come. We're not playing those 7 on 7 tournaments.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All I'm saying is so far this class is made up of a bunch of DB's and WR's so far. There are only 3 trenches guys out of the 16 so far. And people are talking like we have more DB's and WR's to come. We're not playing those 7 on 7 tournaments.
I hear you, all I am saying is, if 190 is your limit, most aren't far from it, hell a night at golden corral would get a few of them over 190 :lol:
Williams is most likely to not staying regardless, and who knows, Gammage could fall off too, that would still leave 4 really good WR options if Schwartz pulled the trigger.

Outside of the possibility of Schwartz, they way it is being talked about, it sounds lime some more OL could jump in next...we'll see.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think OL is the next corp to roll up. Barnes, Gouraige and another. Then DL will start to fall. I expect Williams, Silvera, and a couple DEs. Our current DE may drop, not sure how solid he is. I think Schwartz and a RB will be sprinkled in with a couple DBs and possibly a LB. We could easily lose 3 of our 3*s on the roster.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think OL is the next corp to roll up. Barnes, Gouraige and another. Then DL will start to fall. I expect Williams, Silvera, and a couple DEs. Our current DE may drop, not sure how solid he is. I think Schwartz and a RB will be sprinkled in with a couple DBs and possibly a LB. We could easily lose 3 of our 3*s on the roster.

I'd like to see Petit-Frere as well.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see Petit-Frere as well.
I think he'll be in if we want him. Wouldn't that make 3 Ts and 1 G? Thought they had a G ahead of Petit-Frere

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he'll be in if we want him. Wouldn't that make 3 Ts and 1 G? Thought they had a G ahead of Petit-Frere

Usually your elite OL in HS play OT. Usually when they get to college they shift around and even sometimes play all 5 positions. So I'd say bring as many OTs as possible and let them sort it out.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Usually your elite OL in HS play OT. Usually when they get to college they shift around and even sometimes play all 5 positions. So I'd say bring as many OTs as possible and let them sort it out.
Fair enough, if they'll accept that bring them in.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Need the rest to be 2 more LBer's, and nothing else but LOS players beyond that....If we run low on DB's we can switch over a WR or 2.......Remember in football the foundation comes first. You can't fire a canon from a canoe.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Need the rest to be 2 more LBer's, and nothing else but LOS players beyond that....If we run low on DB's we can switch over a WR or 2.......Remember in football the foundation comes first. You can't fire a canon from a canoe.
I find that cameras can be fired from all kinds of watercraft, including canoes

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Good pick up, but I'm embarrassed I watched that. Couldn't understand a single word he said. That said, it can only mean one thing if we're back to taking kids with such poor language skills, we're on the way back to the top!

Haha, I wonder what Copeland's brothers occupation is?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What a nice change from where we were. Now we're getting the top receivers instead of the guys fsu pushed out.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
4.46 speed

https://www.espn.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/insider/post?id=80823

What he brings: Possesses a good frame and excellent speed. Explosive first step and gets to top speed in an instant. Fluid athlete who can stick his foot in the ground and cut on a dime. Tough kid who's not afraid to go across the middle....

Reminds us of: Calvin Ridley, Alabama --Both possess that same smooth, fluid speed in which they can stop and change directions on a dime without losing momentum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.