What is a Quality Control Coach?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Article from gatorcountry:

https://www.gatorcountry.com/florida-gators-football/what-is-a-quality-control-coach/

Over the last two years, Florida Gators football fans have added a new phrase to their vocabulary, “quality control coach”. The phrase has been used in the NFL for the past few decades and over the last few years we have seen an up-tick in quality control coaches in college football.

Last season, the Gators had six quality control coaches and this upcoming season look to have at least that number, if not more.

Because of the renewed focus on quality control coaches, the question has often been asked, “what does a quality control coach do?”

(rest of the article at the link)

---

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We need a young 6'10"+ QC coach in basketball.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
They help control quality. Clearly Mike white needs to take a page from Max's book.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
This is what I posted about a week or so ago. The new trend in college football to get around the ncaa limit of coaches. Alabama has something like 17 quality control coaches. Several of them were ex head coaches

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what they do but I know what our qc don't do is recruit quality

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Most of these coaches (that UF has hired) are younger, up-and-comer types....except this recent OL QC hire. I'd like to know what they are paying these guys...and how much this much more experienced guy is making.

Rumors are he was hired to eventually become our new OL coach when Summers retires/moves on. Anyone think that's the case?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They are coaches that can have contact with the players in the offseason, but they cannot do any on-field coaching, during games or official practices.

This was Satan's way to coach up his players in the offseason, at Bammer. He was the first to come up with it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They are coaches that can have contact with the players in the offseason, but they cannot do any on-field coaching, during games or official practices.

This was Satan's way to coach up his players in the offseason, at Bammer. He was the first to come up with it.
Can't they also contact recruits?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm sure some of the lessor ones get "pot patrol" and watch for curfew violators and such....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.