What is going on with recruiting?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
This has got to be the quietest I can remember during a football season. Our last commit was on 8/27. Is there any buzz coming from major prospects besides Henderson?

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We suck and no one wants to play for Mac!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This has got to be the quietest I can remember during a football season. Our last commit was on 8/27. Is there any buzz coming from major prospects besides Henderson?
Some thought Henderson might pop this last weekend but Matthew changed many plans

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I still think the coming recruiting season will make or break Mac's tenure at UF. It will be his third class. And yes, it has been quiet.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still think the coming recruiting season will make or break Mac's tenure at UF. It will be his third class. And yes, it has been quiet.
All the more reason to not give up your best recruiting weekend just because LSU bitched and moaned

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I'm really starting to think players think Mac is a complete joke just like most of us around here. He recruits lower end recruits which imo strays elite talent away from the program because they don't see a future at UF. Elite recruits follow other elite recruits so when you don't pull many elite recruits in the beginning things stall and they start taking average players to try and gain momentum and it does the opposite and drives the elite players away. At the end of the day to answer your question Mac is not an elite recruiter and neither is any of his staff members.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Nothing is wrong with recruiting.....there are plenty of "3 stars that are really as good as 4 star" players left for us....

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This recruiting class has to be very good for Mac not to lose the folks still on his train. I'm a pumper, but I would be ok with getting rid of him at the end of the season if we don't play with heart the rest of the way. However, I will put a positive spin on recruiting as possible.

First of all, I have not been disappointed by the last freshmen class. Taylor, Perone, Clayton, Gardner, Reese, Hammond, Cleveland, Swain and a few others have shown they can play well. I think there were some good evaluations in the 16 class. However, this incoming class needs to average about 3.75 stars (and filling needs at DT, LB, DB, and OL), which would put us in the top 5. We are currently at 3.58 with 16 recruits. So this is quite possible. I believe there are a couple current recruits that will receive an extra star. If we were to average 4 stars with the remaining 7-8 guys we can end up where we need to be.

Last edited:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Recruiting!?

mj-laughing.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

Has there been news on recruiting commits for ANY school? Been quite in general, so I wouldn't take the silence on UF recruits as anything more than par for this time of the year.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
We have a double whammy problem, lack of recruiting and development. If you are really good at one, you can be a little less in the other but I'd rather have good recruiting and great development. Most of these kids that are 4-5 stars are graded on raw talent alone. A 3 star may only be a little under but if they have coachabilty and are willing to work hard they can be as good if not better than many of the spoiled brats you're gonna get with some of these 4-5's.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say recruiting is not where it needs to be right now, but I think the loss of the LSU game last weekend hit us hard. That was our big weekend recruiting play and it got cancelled. Some recruits went to other places (Ohio State) others will try to reschedule for another game, but LSU is a pretty big weekend in Gainesville.

I also agree with people that this recruiting cycle is going to be huge for UF. The reality is that the only way the University fires Mac is a complete meltdown. The key is that he HAS to show some improvement over the course of the year or 2017 is going to be really bad and we will be looking for a new coach by 2018 or 2019.

I don't know that I believe Mac is the guy, but I really hope he is. I want him to turn it around and have a big game this weekend and show that he is an offensive guy. If he can do that then I think it will help with recruiting. He has gotten the facilities plan done and that should help depending on what the timeline is.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Were looking to flip a bunch of bama fsu and auburn commits is our gameplan.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
What's going on with recruiting?

The same thing that's going on with the rest of the football program: Nothing.

This season has flat lined. It has all the excitement of road kill.

1016194.jpg

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This recruiting class has to be very good for Mac not to lose the folks still on his train. I'm a pumper, but I would be ok with getting rid of him at the end of the season if we don't play with heart the rest of the way. However, I will put a positive spin on recruiting as possible.

First of all, I have not been disappointed by the last freshmen class. Taylor, Perone, Clayton, Gardner, Reese, Hammond, Cleveland, Swain and a few others have shown they can play well. I think there were some good evaluations in the 16 class. However, this incoming class needs to average about 3.75 stars (and filling needs at DT, LB, DB, and OL), which would put us in the top 5. We are currently at 3.58 with 16 recruits. So this is quite possible. I believe there are a couple current recruits that will receive an extra star. If we were to average 4 stars with the remaining 7-8 guys we can end up where we need to be.
You make everything thing sound all good. Kinda feels nice for a change. I hope your right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator