What Les Miles said at his Monday press conference previewing Florida

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
1. We will prepare as if there has been no QB change.
2. We imagine their running game will be the same.
3. .Their passing game should remain the same.
4. There is a core set of plays that every teams has that will remain and we will prepare our team as though this hasn't happened.

Video at link-
==
https://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/10/what_les_miles_said_at_his_mon.html

Apparently, I was just told that their quarterback Will Grier, who's expected to start, will not start as he's running afoul of some suspension. That being said, I'm certain that they will have a very capable guy. We'll have to kind of go back and see who that is. Certainly, we'll prepare for him, and we'll prepare for what will be Florida's best because I know that Coach McElwain will have them ready to play.
This is a top ten matchup. This is Tiger Stadium at its best, and we expect that the fishing trips are done. We're not taking the wife on another extended holiday. We are coming to Tiger Stadium. Did he say it was 6:00 that he was going to kick off? That's good. It will be dusk. There will be the opportunity for night to arrive, and this should be a great game, a very competitive game, and certainly two very capable football teams.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Gatorious;n296307 said:
3. .Their passing game should remain the same.
4. There is a core set of plays that every teams has that will remain and we will prepare our team as though this hasn't happened.

Video at link-
==
https://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/10/what_les_miles_said_at_his_mon.html
He's still obviously mentally deranged, but he wins. We'll need to be ready with Treon and Co. I understand we still plan on showing up which is a good start. Should be a fun one.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
All I heard was OUR PLACE and we'll BE READY... now's the time for another A-game Gators!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The guy's an idiot/savant.

I have no idea how any intelligent kid could stand listening to that fool for 4 years. But as everyone knows, football players aren't too discriminating as long as you win.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
In the first few games, for obvious reasons, Nussie called things differently with Treon than he did with Grier. Our passing game will not be the same due to the differences in the QBs. Treon's strength is making things happen when a play breaks down. LSU has nothing to fear as long as they keep Treon in the pocket. If they don't play disciplined, Treon will kill them. I'm interested to see how Treon handles the blitz. Grier got rid of it quickly. Treon doesn't process things quick enough to do that. He'll scramble around. That can be good or bad.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the offense can do enough to win this game but it will be tough. Hopefully the defense can give us some extra opportunities to score.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Play calling will be different. Nuss is going to have to use TH's abilities to our advantage. Roll him out, draws, etc. Keep LSU thinking.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n296386 said:
In the first few games, for obvious reasons, Nussie called things differently with Treon than he did with Grier. Our passing game will not be the same due to the differences in the QBs. Treon's strength is making things happen when a play breaks down. LSU has nothing to fear as long as they keep Treon in the pocket. If they don't play disciplined, Treon will kill them. I'm interested to see how Treon handles the blitz. Grier got rid of it quickly. Treon doesn't process things quick enough to do that. He'll scramble around. That can be good or bad.

The Cocks just scored 24 against them and I believe Treon is better than their QB. Turnovers will be the deciding factor in this game. I like our chances.

GoGators!

Alum
Jul 28, 2014
3.Their passing game should remain the same.

Really wish this was true, then they would not be as prepared for the designed QB running plays. (Assuming those plays will be still be called even though we have an untested backup QB?)

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Just study what was done to them by USCe. They scored 24 on them with a lesser talent @ QB IMHO.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gator lester;n296414 said:
Coach speak, not reality!

Thank you! Coaches don't tell the truth in press conferences folks...

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
GatorStud;n296320 said:
All I heard was OUR PLACE and we'll BE READY... now's the time for another A-game Gators!

Well, I think this is the takeaway as well. Its nice to see he gets the way day/night works, but he seems uncertain as to its certain eventuality.

I live amongst the LSU folks...we need to win this game, obviously, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator