What to expect from this team in the fall?

leogator

May 5, 2018
We are loaded at WR (assuming Van Jefferson & Grimes both make it in), RB, our OL should be solid, assuming no major injuries. The defense should be solid. Are we going to try and pound the ball, given that we will face 8 & 9 man fronts? Will our QBs be able to recognize single coverages? Will both our WR and QBs recognize blitzes and run slants to slow the blitzing down? There is a lot of talent in the skilled positions. Will we be able to take advantage of it?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I heard it here first....

2PSVVd2i.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Enough improvement to make Law nervous.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I expect the defense to bounce back this year and be decent after seeing the makeovers in their bodys. I don't think it will matter one bit who the receivers are if Franks is under center.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I think it's entirely possible for this team to reach the 8-9 win mark. I think the offense will be alright, but not great. I think the defense will be improved enough from last year and be good enough to win some games. I think it'll take a while to turn around almost a decade of turmoil and turnover.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
we need solid play from both Trask and the OLine to have a good season. You decide what the odds are of that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The odds of a kid who didnt play in HS even playing QB in college are about eleventy billion to one, approximately.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I have no idea what to expect this season. I think long term we should see an overall improvement from what he did at MSU for 2 reasons: the East is weaker than the west and, in theory, we should be able to get talent over time. The former seems likely for the foreseeable future, the latter seems guaranteed eventually.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I expect a team that in all phases knows their plays and can properly execute them. I expect a team in much better physical shape so they don't get dominated by stronger or better conditioned teams. I expect a QB who can read a defense (somewhat) and either change the play or adapt. I expect a team that does not generally beat itself through penalties and stupid errors.

If I get all this wins will happen, some losses as well since some teams have better team talent than us and of course sometimes luck plays a part.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This team should be good at running the ball, rushing the passer, and solid overall on Defense.

If we fall behind more than 2 scores this team will have a hard time playing catch up w/ anyone - unless we find a QB.

I think we win 6 to 8 regular season games, get blown out at least once, and lose a couple of heart breakers.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt we do much on offense with Franks except maybe against Charleston Southern.

The offense will be pretty bad again overall but our RBs will get some yards. I think it may be a repeat of 2014 with Franks playing the part of Driskel and the Miss State game playing the part of the Missouri game.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Top 20 D
Top 50 O
8-9 wins
Below average recruiting class
This team has the talent to be this good or better in spots. We'll find out if Mullen and staff are good enough to get the potential out of the roster.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
I think it's entirely possible for this team to reach the 8-9 win mark. I think the offense will be alright, but not great. I think the defense will be improved enough from last year and be good enough to win some games. I think it'll take a while to turn around almost a decade of turmoil and turnover.
Anything less than 8 wins will call into question the wisdom of bringing back The Mullet back to the Swamp.
A 8 win season and maybe a "W" in a decent bowl game will be a decent improvement over what
we had when old Butter Teeth & his merry band of buffoons were running things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.