When is COY decided?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that the whole season should get taken into account, but I think some of the people who vote for these things are like 5 year olds with ADD
Crete doesn't have a vote.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not to be a pedant, but I believe the correct spelling is "koi".

images
upload_2015-11-16_21-0-3.jpeg

:rotfl:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alcrete is pretty embarassing. No one gets excited about a barely bowl eligible team on a one game winning streak as Crete and Yorkie.

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
Only a certified moron wouldn't vote Coach Mac for National Coach of the Year! If I'm not mistaken, per the coaches contract, he gets some bonus money for all this success.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I dunno, I heard TN is back and Butch has put it together brick by brick....this might be his year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alcrete is pretty embarassing. No one gets excited about a barely bowl eligible team on a one game winning streak as Crete and Yorkie.
You are aware Arky is in and will finish 2nd behind Bama in the West...I didn't think so.....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
They're one 4OT game from being .500.
They also lost in OT to A&M, and had Bama on the ropes until the 4th quarter. They will finish the season 9-4. It took a while for the Fat Man to recover from all the injuries earlier but they're on a roll, no pun intended, and I'm glad we don't have to play them. He is also doing this without 3 of his best offensive players. Say what you will about his overall record, Bielema didn't have a lot to work with there. They will consistently be near the top of the SEC West as long as he's there.

All that being said Mac should win COY unless he losses both big games. If Harbaugh wins out he may make it very close or possibly win.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They will consistently be near the top of the SEC West as long as he's there.

Concrete, you are correct with this statement. They will consistently be near the top of the SEC West; however, they will never be at the top of the West. This is why Bielema doesn't have a chance at COY.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bert's team will do the same thing it did this year, next year... and the year after that... 3-5 losses a season is now the ark norm. Coach of the year!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Concrete, you are correct with this statement. They will consistently be near the top of the SEC West; however, they will never be at the top of the West. This is why Bielema doesn't have a chance at COY.
Of course he doesn't have a chance this year, but his name gets a lot of responses on this board:lol:. Realistically it's Macs to lose.
BB is a lot like Gary Pinkel in that he somehow turns mostly 2 and 3 star talent into contenders whether is at Whisky or Arky. I mostly just like the fact that he owns Less Lucky Miles and thought it was funny as hell to see him blow the idiot off after kicking his ass Saturday night when Miles called a TO to stop Arky players from hoisting the Boot...bad blood there for the next couple of years.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
If I did it would go to Mac as long as he beats FSU....if Harbaugh wins out he may get a lot of consideration because Michigan was a worse mess or at least as bad as we had here.

In fairness, I think you're right in that Harbaugh had a tougher job than JMac. We at least had a decent defense in place when he arrived, and very fertile recruiting grounds to bring in that first class. On schedule, I'll call us about even, since we have the SEC East and he had B1G teams. Our loss was by a TD, on the road, in Death Valley, against a supposedly top team - good showing. Their losses are 1) by a TD on the road at Utah (a supposedly good team) to open the season, and 2) at home but to MSU (another supposedly good team) on a last second miracle play. Yeah, they got two losses to our one, but none of the 3 are that damaging, IMO. If he can win out beating Penn State (yawn) and tOSU (very possible given what we've seen of tOSU and it will be at MICH), then he very well deserves to be in the conversation. Perhaps even invited to the award ceremony where JMac will give him a nod as FLA takes home the award.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
When is the Coach of the Year voted on-decided.

When the Gators STOMP Alabama in the SECCG and roll to a NC with a 14-1 record and JMac gives a yella (Osmose treated) smile to the cameras, beyatch!

Sorry, been wanting to do that since I first read the thread.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
From a national perspective, Mac gets it if we beat FSU and we win the SECCG.

Harbaugh probably gets it if he wins out and we stumble against either of those teams.

But in all honesty, Malzahn should win it for his team not totally collapsing with Muschamp as part of the coaching staff.

You got it right j. Malzahn wins it hands down. Winning five games with him on your side of the field
trumps everything.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And 6-4 overall with losses to a&m, texas tech and a mid-major at home... yeah crete, Bert's a shoe-in!

:lmao:
Yeah, I know. He's nothing if not consistent.

FWIW, Arky might be the second best team in the MAC..... :rotfl: You know... behind Toledo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.