Where do the Mighty Gators start the 2019 season ranked?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah probably in the top 10 with how we finished the season and who all we have coming back. Multiple sites have us as the most improved team in the nation this season and Mullen the best first year head coach. Go Gators!!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I saw on Rivals that Athlon(I think) has us at #7. It's amazing because we were probably 1 quarter away from mailing it in and ending 8-4/7-5, likely unranked. If this is truly the beginning of a great run for us, that rally against Usce would have to be considered a starting point.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
I think we will start at 7 or 8. To much returning. Oline will be the question. Need the sophmore/redshirt freshman class to step up next year. Specifically, Chatfield and Langham.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Well ... you got Alabama and Clemson who should be top 2 again next year. Sigh.

Then you got UGA, who is probably the only other team to say they are on the next rung even with their 2 loss end to this season.

Then I think you got OSU and OK after that.

Then comes in the group of teams we are part of ... Tex, aTm, LSU and UF. Michigan should be in there as well. ND probably too.

So somewhere between 6-10.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Somewhere in the 15-20 range I'd expect since we're losing 4/5ths of our starting OLine + Gardner Johnson + Jefferson + Scarlett. Doesn't mean the coaches won't get the young guys ready to play, but the voters will expect a drop off after losing all those starters.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Based on how much we lose to the draft and graduation I think around 13-15 is fair. If everyone came back 8-10. I dont want to start off ranked high, let us start 15 so it gives the kids something to feel disrespected about and have that chip on their shoulders to work harder.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It don’t matter where we start, it’s about where we finish. Let’s make it to the SEC Championship Game and roll with it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think around 20 would be right. I think it takes a couple weeks for both lines to gel.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Im hoping we're around 15. Low enough to fly beneath the radar, have a chip on our shoulder and not read too many headlines about how great we are. Let the wins come and the ranking rise on its own.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
“We are not going to beat Florida because of some magical offense,” Diaz said. “We are going to beat Florida because the guys in the locker room make plays in a game that is going to be very highly contested and very competitive.” --- new Miami coach

They sure are a cocky bunch after that bowl game beatdown. First their AD and now the new head coach talking mess. Good bulletin board material

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Well ... you got Alabama and Clemson who should be top 2 again next year. Sigh.

Then you got UGA, who is probably the only other team to say they are on the next rung even with their 2 loss end to this season.

Then I think you got OSU and OK after that.

Then comes in the group of teams we are part of ... Tex, aTm, LSU and UF. Michigan should be in there as well. ND probably too.

So somewhere between 6-10.
You're forgetting how ND is, the perennially overrated media darling. They're a lock for the top 5.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
“We are not going to beat Florida because of some magical offense,” Diaz said. “We are going to beat Florida because the guys in the locker room make plays in a game that is going to be very highly contested and very competitive.” --- new Miami coach

They sure are a cocky bunch after that bowl game beatdown. First their AD and now the new head coach talking mess. Good bulletin board material

Who?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Yes I totally agree with him except I believe that those players will be in our locker room and not in theirs. Are they going to get a lot of new talent? He was their defensive coordinator so is he going to coach better for himself than he did last year?

Only time will determine the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.