Which had you rather?

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Having squeaked by an opponent only scoring three field goals, no
TDs or having lost to a highly rated team in a very close game.

I think our week off will benefit more than UGA's.

Playing in Jax is like playing at home.

11 - 1 is very makable.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You always take the win, even an ugly one, over a loss. No moral victories here, we're Florida. I see your point though, I think we are significantly better than Georgia. I also think Mac will use the bye week to really scheme-up Georgia and get us ready. We have a great shot at 10-11 wins.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not to take anything away from our win over Mizzou but we only scored 2 offensive TD's against their defense. They also shut our offense down for over 3 quarters of the game. That being said I think Mizzou has a top 5 or 10 defense in all of CFB, Certainly better than LSU's. We'll need turnovers or defensive/ST scores to open this game up IMO, otherwise look for a tight low scoring and possibly ugly game. UF-19-UGA-13.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n300419 said:
Not to take anything away from our win over Mizzou but we only scored 2 offensive TD's against their defense. They also shut our offense down for over 3 quarters of the game. That being said I think Mizzou has a top 5 or 10 defense in all of CFB, Certainly better than LSU's. We'll need turnovers or defensive/ST scores to open this game up IMO, otherwise look for a tight low scoring and possibly ugly game. UF-19-UGA-13.

Agree completely. Missouri is a train wreck on offense...you'd think Will Muschamp was advising their OC! They get little credit for their D, which is probably among the top 2 or 3 SEC defenses (probably better than ours...definitely better ranking wise).

UGA is NOT going to be easy. Not sure why everyone is assuming so. Your score of 19-13 is probably very close. Our O simply cannot score.

You pointed out we only scored 2 offensive TDs vs. Missouri.... We only scored 3 vs. LSU (and one was w/ a very short field after the fumbled punt).

Hopefully Harris will show improvement after shaking off the rust in his first start since Game 1. I'd like to see us score more than 2 offensive TDs. Our kicking game is going to bite us in the ass if we're not careful....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n300464 said:
They get little credit for their D, which is probably among the top 2 or 3 SEC defenses (probably better than ours...definitely better ranking wise).
I'm not sure who started this rumor that our D is anything other than average.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Law98gator;n300491 said:
I'm not sure who started this rumor that our D is anything other than average.

I agree....after UT and LSU - the only teams that ran right at us - it's obvious they are simply "average". And the "DBU" thing is a total joke. We have some good DBs....but so do a bunch of other schools!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
BMF;n300464 said:
UGA is NOT going to be easy. Not sure why everyone is assuming so. Your score of 19-13 is probably very close. Our O simply cannot score
I came to that score because I think we score 3 TD's, 2 will be offensively which if you throw out the 1st game of the season and the Ole Miss game is about our capacity right now. 19 comes from a missed extra point and failed 2 point conversion. :angry:We'll get help from a late game interception that will be returned or set up a short score...

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n300419 said:
otherwise look for a tight low scoring and possibly ugly game. UF-19-UGA-13

For us to score 19, wouldn't we need to kick a field goal? Is that even feasible right now? :scared:

But then again, maybe your thinking is that we score 3 TDs and miss 2 extra points. Now I get it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
BMF;n300496 said:
I agree....after UT and LSU - the only teams that ran right at us - it's obvious they are simply "average". And the "DBU" thing is a total joke. We have some good DBs....but so do a bunch of other schools!

We are very talented on defense, more so than probably any other school however our LBer situation is affecting their overall play. You can't play man coverage all the time without underneath support from LBers. Our Defensive line is doing a fantastic job but the LBer's aren't there to fill the gaps on some run plays.
Remember in 2012 when our defense was very damned good we had 3 studs, Jenkins, Bostic and McCray at LB.....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Go Gata;n300515 said:
But then again, maybe your thinking is that we score 3 TDs and miss 2 extra points. Now I get it.

:exactly:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mizzou at Vandy Saturday....first team to 10 wins by default. Mizzou still hosts Cowbell and UcheaT. They'll beat one or both of them.

Back to the topic, always take the win, period.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You rather bang Halle Berry and it last 20 seconds or not bangs her at all?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n300736 said:

Inappropriate.

but holy hell that's funny.:lmao:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I read the question about ten times. I still can't tell if its English or something else.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n300736 said:
There is only one acceptable answer.

halle-billybob2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator