Who’s had the worst transition class?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Callaway and Scarlett were supposed to be the linchpins of the offense in 2017. That both of them ruined themselves and the team is significantly Mac’s responsibility. So while he shouldn’t be judged too harshly on the quality of the class, he should be on those two not producing.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
The story of McBBQ stain serves as a cautionary tale for all who would avoid more of the same. It's not about piling-on or beating a dead horse for a cheap laugh (although I'm certainly not averse to that). If remembering what a total waste of skin that ass-clown truly was serves to avoid making that mistake again, I'm all for it. CDM may or may not turn out to be the "right hire." Like many here, I was psyched about getting CK or SF - but that didn't happen. DM may succeed or he may well fail to bring UF back to the top tier of CFB. Both possibilities are real. But he has had some meaningful SEC experience as a HC, and did enjoy some actual success in the worst venue in the SEC - none of which can be said for the previous occupant of that position. Add to all that the fact that JMc wasn't the first clearly unqualified HC that's been trotted out on Florida Field in recent memory, and the urgency of learning from bitter experience becomes even more clear. Let the heckling continue.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure any of this matters since I agree that we have turned the page but I am not sure I even agree with this conclusion.

The evaluation of Butter's first class includes dings for the suspended players which isn't really that fair since the article positions it like they never played.
Go back and look at Meyer's first class and show me all the great players in that class. Off the top of my head, I can't name one.

Regardless, a transition class is just that, a transition. It appears at this point that Mullen may end up with a very strong first class which is all that matters

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
a coach's first recruiting class in its junior season has zero offensive touches. It shouldn't be possible.
And yet....(sh)it happened....
mcelwain-introduction.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not much here:
Reggie Nelson
Louis Murphy
David Nelson
Jon Demps

Moore was serviceable and Stamper was solid. But yeah, that was a typical transition class. I think this class could potentially be a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator