Who do you want to replace Mac?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Mac said field position was the problem. Yet his best player fair catches 2 punts at the 1 yard line. Why? First time could be a mistake. Do it a second time and it's coaching. Special teams were a debacle all day and that contributed to the poor field position. I asked last week when was the last time we tried to block a kick or punt. I've come to the conclusion we just don't practice special teams at all. These coaches are a bunch of misfits that don't take it seriously. I'll be glad when they're gone.

Who's available? Art Briles is currently unemployed and looking for a job. If you'd take Petrino with his baggage I'll take Briles with his.

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
I think we see how he "learns" and "responds" to these "life lessons" he just experienced as he preaches to the players ad nauseam. HIS team had an epic meltdown in ALL areas. HE is accountable for righting the ship; whether it be through his game management and prep, coaching changes, player development, recruiting, continuing to weed out the deadwood...and alike. If we do not see a bigger step change he needs to pack his Jiff & Smuckers and spread his platitudes elsewhere.

In all kinds of weather...Go Gators

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac said field position was the problem. Yet his best player fair catches 2 punts at the 1 yard line. Why? First time could be a mistake. Do it a second time and it's coaching. Special teams were a debacle all day and that contributed to the poor field position. I asked last week when was the last time we tried to block a kick or punt. I've come to the conclusion we just don't practice special teams at all. These coaches are a bunch of misfits that don't take it seriously. I'll be glad when they're gone.

Who's available? Art Briles is currently unemployed and looking for a job. If you'd take Petrino with his baggage I'll take Briles with his.

I can see where you're coming from here but after last weeks antics prior to the game and during the game.....I am of the opinion that these guys run their yap to much and it's all about ME. And I mean the players. That's basic coaching 101. Stand on the 10 fair catch signal and if you have to back up, let it go. I think that is totally on Callaway. These guys need an eye opener from the top of the staff to the bottom. Over confidence and cockiness were our downfall yesterday in additon to most of the coaching.

No since about talking coaching candidates as there will not be a search for one. This year's lot of coaches is irrelevant.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We once had a HBC who got embarrassed in a game or two, including one in the biggest game of them all. He went out and got the best DC available and payed the man what it took.

I don't blame Mac for this first staff. He clearly wanted better people, even made noises about getting top hires at DB and WR then after numerous rejections, we ended up with the shiite we got. I'm sure Nuss was his guy from the beginning but a good coach knows what to do. I'm not sure how wedded he is to Side Hat.

We will see what happens. His decisions at the end of this year will determine his fate.

I agree. Mac is smart enough to know when to cut someone loose. We'll see how the rest of this season pans out. But hopefully they all learn. If you're kickin' azz with what is working you go with it. Then you can start milking the clock in the 4th, but after the half, geez. Personally I think this will stick in his craw for some time. They needed that killer instinct and foot on the gas like in the Ole Piss game last year.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tom Herman

kid-throwing-money.gif

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DUCK STRUCK PULLED TRUCK!! That was the worse collapse I've ever seen by the Gators. It was like the whole team went to sleep, from the coaches to the players. The secondary was so bad, it made an all American passer out of Dobbs. Dawson wasn't around. Teez falls down. And who and the hell was calling plays on offense. I wish we could blame it on turnovers but it was total ineptitude from top to bottom. i was in a coma after watching that s...t.
Worse than the Choke at Doke? Hardly...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lure Petrino away from Loserville with all the coeds he can bang.

Very few are going to admit it, but this is the obvious answer. Everywhere he goes, things turn around immediately.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Can you imagine what Saban would do after a loss like this? Dude would be out of his mind, corral his coaches for an all-night reaming and tell the media to go the hell away while he cleans house. Now - what will Ol' Hee-Haw do?
Well we just kind of messed up a little bit there and we'll kind of weak it a little bit after we look at some film and we'll be OK.

This team quit with a 21-3 lead in Knoxville. Unbelievable. Mac will get one more year and he's gone.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Worse than the Choke at Doke? Hardly...
I get your drift, that was a horrible loss. It was even worse than that in my view. I put that on Spurrier playing it safe coupled with FSU, (and a much superior FSU team than UT) getting lucky. This was worse.

It's Great

sidewalk alum
Mar 4, 2016
Jon Gruden or Phillip Fulmer is the right answer. Ive seen this game on Volquest.

Gruden took a prefab Bucs to the super bowl and won, but did have some other good years. Recruiting would be nice.

But Fulmer? No way mayne

Last edited:

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I get your drift, that was a horrible loss. It was even worse than that in my view. I put that on Spurrier playing it safe coupled with FSU, (and a much superior FSU team than UT) getting lucky. This was worse.

The Choke at Doak was a tie 31-31, cause Bobby didn't have the balls to go for 2 at the end. If he had, fsu would have won since we couldn't stop anybody's grandmother at that point. So this was WAY worse.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Can you imagine what Saban would do after a loss like this? Dude would be out of his mind, corral his coaches for an all-night reaming and tell the media to go the hell away while he cleans house. Now - what will Ol' Hee-Haw do?
Well we just kind of messed up a little bit there and we'll kind of weak it a little bit after we look at some film and we'll be OK.

This team quit with a 21-3 lead in Knoxville. Unbelievable. Mac will get one more year and he's gone.

Watch the replay of his post-game pressor. You're pretty spot on with Mac's response. Except that he talked more about the players failures and nothing about the coaching failures.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
One bad loss and this place goes full-retard, good to know!

What you're seeing is:
1. Lot of people were sitting the fence on Mac after the abysmal end of last year and the subpar recruiting.
2. This game pushed them off the fence. No confidence in Mac.
3. The realization that we likely wouldn't see a coaching change until after next year.

Take me to the padded room please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator