Who goes pro?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n303103 said:
Taylor, Robinson and VH III are definites. I think Neal and Brantley are maybe.

I agree with this. I also think McCallister is a very strong maybe since he always seems to want to follow in Fowler's footsteps.

If the question is who SHOULD leave early, then the only answer is VHIII. But I expect at least 4 others will leave early because they will get bad advice from an uncle or cousin on where they'll be drafted.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Instigator;n303034 said:
If I could pick one player to stay who might be on the fence, I'd go with Davis. He is a stud and we have zero LBs if he leaves and AA has lingering issues. His decision will be huge for us.

Totally agree!

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
rogdochar;n303225 said:
Do you think a Grier resolution that allows him to play next season fully would effect DRob's deciding ?
Numb 'n tone if you wish to opine.

:lmao:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
There are always a few guys you don't expect to declare that do. After 3 yrs they can be falling so far behind academically that they just go and take their chances. I would say the ones I fully expect to go are Taylor, Robinson, VH3. Anyone eligible who is getting a decent amount of playing time or with size/speed to to play at the next level are possible so that would include Brantley, Cox Jr (isn't he RS Junior?) Davis, Dillard, Fulwood, Ivie, McCalister, Maye, Neal.

I doubt they all would go but I think 6 total is a very real possibility.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n303443 said:
There are always a few guys you don't expect to declare that do. After 3 yrs they can be falling so far behind academically that they just go and take their chances. I would say the ones I fully expect to go are Taylor, Robinson, VH3. Anyone eligible who is getting a decent amount of playing time or with size/speed to to play at the next level are possible so that would include Brantley, Cox Jr (isn't he RS Junior?) Davis, Dillard, Fulwood, Ivie, McCalister, Maye, Neal.

I doubt they all would go but I think 6 total is a very real possibility.

It would be absolutely astonishing if 6 declared early and an epic failure by the coaching staff in communicating to these kids. The most that we have ever had leave early was 5, and that was the 2010 draft when we had Carlos Dunlap, Joe Haden, Aaron Hernandez, Maukice Pouncey and Major Wright leave.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;303477 said:
If we only lose vh3 then we're win it all next year.

We'll be awfully thin at LB with Morrison's departure unless a frosh can come in and play next year. Bullard, Halter, and Thurman are seniors. Though Halter and Thurman are by no means lights out they are both seasoned.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n303519 said:
We'll be awfully thin at LB with Morrison's departure unless a frosh can come in and play next year. Bullard, Halter, and Thurman are seniors. Though Halter and Thurman are by no means lights out they are both seasoned.
Yeah, I forgot about the that position. Other than Davis anyone we have left will be injured, they always are.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
ATXGator;n303126 said:
This has been Taylor's best year by far. He is very good in pass protection and has run well behind a very very poor offensive line. He will get to the combine and show good speed and footwork and he will get drated in the first 3 rounds. He is gone... and that is fine.. we have talent behind him.

The NFL does not value running backs. Matt Jones went in the 3rd round last year and the NFL valued his size. Taylor does not have breakaway speed and he is a tad small. I would guess 5th round pick if he is lucky saying he leaves early this year. We shall see if he declares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator