Who is in authority here?

Big Wave

Nov 26, 2017
Does anyone know who the real decision maker(s) is/are with regards to Florida football? Who has the power to suspend football activities or postpone a game? I'm pretty sure I know where that authority lies at Alabama, but I suspect CDM doesn't have that kind of juice. Is it Fuchs, Stricklin, or some board at UAA?

I ask because I fear that whoever holds the keys admires UVA, UNC, and Stanford more than Bama, Ohio State, and Clemson. I understand why they would. It's a rational position. I'm an alum, so I like that UF is well regarded as an academic institution. It's nice that we have so many different sports competing at a high level. I just wish we could go all in on football as well.

I bring it up because of Covid. It's well known that Clemson and LSU both had dozens of cases but never reacted. They just plowed through because their stakeholders value football success over public perception. The only SEC teams to press pause are Vanderbilt and us.

My question in the first paragraph is an honest one. Does anyone know the answer?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone know who the real decision maker(s) is/are with regards to Florida football? Who has the power to suspend football activities or postpone a game? I'm pretty sure I know where that authority lies at Alabama, but I suspect CDM doesn't have that kind of juice. Is it Fuchs, Stricklin, or some board at UAA?

I ask because I fear that whoever holds the keys admires UVA, UNC, and Stanford more than Bama, Ohio State, and Clemson. I understand why they would. It's a rational position. I'm an alum, so I like that UF is well regarded as an academic institution. It's nice that we have so many different sports competing at a high level. I just wish we could go all in on football as well.

I bring it up because of Covid. It's well known that Clemson and LSU both had dozens of cases but never reacted. They just plowed through because their stakeholders value football success over public perception. The only SEC teams to press pause are Vanderbilt and us.

My question in the first paragraph is an honest one. Does anyone know the answer?

Fuchs is Stricknines boss.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin feeds Fuchs the info he wants Fuchs to have from whatever sources he wants like the SEC commissioner or some idiot aTm professor and Fuchs approves Stricks wishes or not....that’s how the idiotic Gatorbait pickannies decision was made.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Technically it’s Ox. But I have my suspicions that BNA is actually the one pulling all the strings.
3ede25aa946043513201d004e265be98.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator