Who will the new contributors be in 2016?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the thread title said "Coordinators" and I got excited. Then I started reading the replies and was disappointed.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'd say Thompson, Pinerio, Reese, Cleveland, Clayton and at least one of the Olineman are almost guaranteed to contribute quite a bit.

The next group that will likely see some time would be Massey, Gardner, Joesph and Jaewon Taylor.

I like this list, plus Putu. I'm glad we got the JUCO CB late. He should see plenty of time and lessens the concern of playing a true freshman in the #3 or #4 CB spot.

I hope as many of these kids redshirt as possible. We only signed 21 HS recruits, which is pathetic considering we had room for another 4-6. I can't believe this staff couldn't find 3 or more HS football players capable of playing for UF that wanted to play for UF.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I hope as many of these kids redshirt as possible. We only signed 21 HS recruits, which is pathetic considering we had room for another 4-6. I can't believe this staff couldn't find 3 or more HS football players capable of playing for UF that wanted to play for UF.

Despite the limited number of 4 and 5 star kids, if we filled those empty spots with 2 and 3 star kids you know people would btch. Half full or half emptry.....we could have filled it with lower rated kids. Or we can fill it with JUCOs and (grad?) transfers. Or we can have extra spots for EE's in the next class. There are options, I still have faith Mac and staff are making the best choice on what to do.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Despite the limited number of 4 and 5 star kids, if we filled those empty spots with 2 and 3 star kids you know people would btch. Half full or half emptry.....we could have filled it with lower rated kids. Or we can fill it with JUCOs and (grad?) transfers. Or we can have extra spots for EE's in the next class. There are options, I still have faith Mac and staff are making the best choice on what to do.

I tend to agree (about the b*tching), but the fact is we should have had at least 1 Plan B DT lined up and maybe another LB. DT's don't grow on trees and (as I said in the Plan B thread) I'm sure a DT committed to USF, Vandy, UCF, or a Duke would love to play at UF. A solid 3-star LB (Plan B) at minimum could be a special teams star while providing depth.

I've said plenty of times that I think the jury is still out on McElwain. I like the guy (and I really like the guy compared to that d*ckhead we had the previous 4 years). However, after the last 5 games and 3 straight blowouts I am very unimpressed. Not much different than watching a Muschamp coached team. And he just got his ass kicked on the recruiting trail by our biggest rivals (UGA & FSU) and it wasn't even close.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Appleby......key to the program's revival...
I'm not so sure about this. If you watched JMac's presser yesterday, he kinda hinted around at how his "experience" was great to have "around", but nothing really pointing to him being the future. I think we're more likely to see Del Rio leading the offense with Applebottom being the back-up clip board holder and pseudo QBs graduate assistant type role. That's just kinda the feeling I got from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator