Who's the wise guy around here?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Was he really surprised by what he saw that night? Good gawd man, damn near every poster on the board new what we saw was what was going to happen. Its been that way all season. We've played a horrendously soft schedule. UT, Ark and LSU are the best teams we had played and the offense looked like hot garbage against all of them. fsu was better than anyone we had faced yet. Did he really think that was a recipe for production given who this team is? If he was surprised enough to chew azz for the lack of production the following morning, Im actually more angry with him than the staff. Yeah, they suck... but hes the damn HC and he doesn't even realize they suck until after they show it.

What a freaking disaster.

Agreed. And the azz chewing should have come no later than the Arkansas game and realistically much sooner than that, say after UMass or FSU 2015.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like getting fired three times in four years is worthy of a resume bullet.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Probably because he has a relationship with those players and he doesn't know he is out so he can be honest with them. I think he only went to see current commits... maybe that was strategic?
Dude, if this marriana knows hes out. Doug Nussmeier knows hes out.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
He's finished as OC...some are saying "AS SOON" as next week he'll be demoted or gone!
Who's the some, Marianna? Do you really think Hee Haw is smart enough to give Nuss the ax? You mean Butters might actually pass on 2nd and 10? I'll believe it when I see it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wont be surprised to see Nuss demoted to QB coach and Mac name himself as OC. Just rearrange the chairs on the deck.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Head Coach taking over OC duties never works in my opinion. (see Spurrier at USCe)

HC needs to oversee every aspect of the team not just the Offense.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure I buy this rumor, at least not if he's getting fired.
This typically doesn't happen this time of year unless Nuss is leaving on his own, or Mac already has someone "signed up" that is an obvious no brainer upgrade, or the outside shot of Law's scenario.

I guess we'll see on Sunday, but I hold out no hope for this move to actually happen

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
HC needs to oversee every aspect of the team not just the Offense.
I disagree with this completely.

Muststank or Zook meddling in the offense is the last thing we need. I'm sure Mac knows nothing about defense.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I bet Mac waits to see if Nuss gets a HC offer (lol at who would be dumb enough to do this) before he outright fires him.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree with this completely.

Muststank or Zook meddling in the offense is the last thing we need. I'm sure Mac knows nothing about defense.

If the HC only concerns himself with one aspect of the team......... Wouldn't he just be a OC/DC or ST coach?

In my opinion, the HC is like the CEO of a Company, the final decision maker, the the Big Picture Guy.

These guys live and breath X's and O's everyday of their lives, to say that Mac knows nothing about Defense is just ludicrous.... Coaches don't live in shells only concerned with their specialty. You have to know what a defense is trying to do to attack it.... Same goes for Defense.

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Dang, I was hoping Mac is inviting Nussy to his house to can him. That would be an important "in home".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator