Will Franks get PT on Saturday?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know is going to sound really weird, but perhaps, in addition to whatever we do at quarterback, we can add a blocking tight end and a fullback, instead of more receivers than any of our quarterbacks are capable of seeing. Give the guy behind center a little time to see the field, and make the defensive line and linebackers work a little. Seriously, our "strength" is our running game and we're not putting personnel on the field to make it work, and we're not using play action and a pass-catching fullback to keep the defense honest. Mac is playing his offensive scheme with Doug Dickey's offensive players. The personnel on hand are on both Muschamp and Mac, but the decision on how to play them is ENTIRELY on Mac.

Can Appleby see more than two receiver in progression? Hell no. And neither will Franks, in his first college game - it's too fast. But can he hand off the ball? Yup. Can he fake a handoff and throw a curl or a slant? Yup. Can he throw to a fullback faking a block and going up the middle? God, I hope so. And can he throw three long balls a game down the sideline, in the general direction of Caldwell? Yes, he can, and better and farther than Del Rio.

Play what you've got and give upon the fantasy that you can win with your scheme and your dog in the SEC.

If he can hit Caldwell, book the WIN!

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
We're still first in the East. I say, whatever it takes. If that means Franks has to play, then burn the RS and don't look back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.