Will Muschamp alters defensive philosophy to combat 'where the game is headed'

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Reading that just makes me want him to fail worse.

I did like this quote:

Ever the jokester, though, Muschamp pointed out the numbers didn't add up.

In that it can be mis-applied to just about anything he did at UF. I also saw the Grantham name drop later in the article as if to say "I know NFL guys".

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Say what you want but I think Auburn's defense will improve w/Muschamp.

Also, I bet other league OC's that will face Auburn's defense may find an interest in this article. However, nothing will replace watching game tape of your opponent. But this does shed some insight into how Muschamp and company plan to be in 2015.

And perhaps when he mentions teams changing their style of offense and using more of a two back set he was referring to McElwain. If so, then Coach Mac is in his head a bunch lately!

And yes, thankfully, he is not our coach anymore.

GoGators!

Alum
Jul 28, 2014
Gators79;n228986 said:
WM=POS
Close the thread the Dude is a flat out loser.

Georgia Southern. Shame on Foley for not flushing the WM turd the day he embarrassed the Gator Nation!

+1

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Jand3k;n228978 said:
Say what you want but I think Auburn's defense will improve w/Muschamp.

Also, I bet other league OC's that will face Auburn's defense may find an interest in this article. However, nothing will replace watching game tape of your opponent. But this does shed some insight into how Muschamp and company plan to be in 2015.

And perhaps when he mentions teams changing their style of offense and using more of a two back set he was referring to McElwain. If so, then Coach Mac is in his head a bunch lately!

And yes, thankfully, he is not our coach anymore.
If you caught any of their spring game you would notice that the offense handed his azz to him. His defense couldn't stop anything.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n229026 said:
If you caught any of their spring game you would notice that the offense handed his azz to him. His defense couldn't stop anything.

What defense has been able to stop Malzahn's offense?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We're gonna see how good Will muschamp' s d is. Teams aren't gonna score 2 touchdowns and sit on the ball for 3 quarters. Our defensive numbers were drastically inflated by his philosophy. I think he's going to exposed big time.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The difference is Mahlzan can score enough to keep them in the game, we couldn't. I'm all in favor of WM's defense getting hammered, but he's got a grace period in that AU defense was bad before, so even a slight improvement will be hailed as him being a good hire. So, any weakness will be 'inhereted (from previous season)' and any slight improvements will be 'his coaching' until he gets another class or two of 'his players' brought in and trained up. It may take awhile to expose him, and even longer given the AU offensive capabilities to win games.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well Gee somehow he has now seen that offenses need to be creative and throw the ball??? How special!!!

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
TLB;n229037 said:
The difference is Mahlzan can score enough to keep them in the game, we couldn't. I'm all in favor of WM's defense getting hammered, but he's got a grace period in that AU defense was bad before, so even a slight improvement will be hailed as him being a good hire. So, any weakness will be 'inhereted (from previous season)' and any slight improvements will be 'his coaching' until he gets another class or two of 'his players' brought in and trained up. It may take awhile to expose him, and even longer given the AU offensive capabilities to win games.

Perhaps faster than we think should he keep going through their white boards.

They'll have nothing to teach class on.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n229031 said:
We're gonna see how good Will muschamp' s d is. Teams aren't gonna score 2 touchdowns and sit on the ball for 3 quarters. Our defensive numbers were drastically inflated by his philosophy.

That point gets lost in the shuffle. Need some proof?
​

GatorGriff

May 29, 2015
Its funny when Zook got fired and went to Illinois I rooted for him and really wanted him to succeed. Muschamp on the other hand I just can not stand and find myself hoping he fails.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorGriff;n229214 said:
Its funny when Zook got fired and went to Illinois I rooted for him and really wanted him to succeed. Muschamp on the other hand I just can not stand and find myself hoping he fails.
That's something I never thought about. I kinda wanted zook to do well too. And you're right I hope the auburn d gives up 40 a game.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n229217 said:
That's something I never thought about. I kinda wanted zook to do well too. And you're right I hope the auburn d gives up 40 a game.

I've rooted for all of our ex-coaches with the exception of Don Devoe and now WM. I would still wish him well if it weren't for the way he's ran off at the mouth and his recruiting tactics since his departure. For me, that showed his true character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator