Will we play to win or "Not to lose"?

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Muschamp plays to win throughout the game but for some reason I believe he will play it close to the vest like he usually does..and if we get a touchdown or so lead play not to lose and just try and run the clock out..that doesn't seem to work against FSU! I wish we would just leave it all out there and try anything and everything and play aggressive the whole game on offense and defense but this is Muschamp we're talking about, afterall. No shame in making mistakes if you're trying everything in your power to win it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We play to keep the game close and put both teams in position to win.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I mean..if it's a close game in the end..better than having no chance..but do you really feel confident we would make the plays to win like Florida State has done every game this year?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
FSU's weakness is their rushing defense, our "strength" on offense is running the ball, so I think you know what to expect.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n118500 said:
FSU's weakness is their rushing defense, our "strength" on offense is running the ball, so I think you know what to expect.

I think I read somewhere we've averaged under 4 yards per carry since the Georgia game dominance in the running game..that must change if we plan to win this game based off the running game..unless our defense totally shuts them down..which doesn't seem too likely with Winston running the FSU offense. I think we can win but just think it may be difficult to win if we play our typical "close to the vest" type game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, our running game "strength" is laughable. We couldn't even run against EKU.

We need to send Jeremy Pruitt a large bonus. It's really sad that he couldn't be the DC at both Clown Town and Buttsniffer.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Unless we have a different coach calling the plays today, I'm sure we'll see the same tired run run try and pass offense we've seen for four years.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not saying we should air it out all game and throw 40 passes..but a 40 Rush/20 pass kinda distribution would be nice to see..and FSU wouldn't be expecting it since we seem to run 60 times a game..now if the run is really working all game that's one thing..but FSU will probably sell out on the run like most teams do against us and force us to pass, and we have to be ready to let it fly when opportunity presents itself.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is FSU will sell out to stop the run early and most teams with decent talent can stop the run if they load the box and are motivated. This will lead us to pass more than usual early in the game imo but if we are clinging to a small lead in the 4th quarter I have no doubt Muschamp will go to his comfort zone and play conservative as hell which I think would be a big mistake with all those comebacks Winston has.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Short passing game especially on first down is essential, I don't expect to see it since this option seems to be foreign to any OC when he gets to UF under our current coach.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
hB5562222

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Here's the problem. Muschamp would have to completely change his coaching philosophy and risk it actually working. He would then be showing Gator Nation that it was right, and he was wrong all along. Do we really think he's going to risk that??

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n118537 said:
Here's the problem. Muschamp would have to completely change his coaching philosophy and risk it actually working. He would then be showing Gator Nation that it was right, and he was wrong all along. Do we really think he's going to risk that??

I think being fired already shows that he was wrong.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we are just patient, they will get tired of tackling Matt Jones in the fourth quarter.

Eventually.

Some year.

Then we'll get some come from behind fourth quarter victories.

The way Mushball is meant to be played.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We played not to score TD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays