WSJ: Rashada flipped because Miami’s program sucked

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see 3 players faces in the pic, none of which are enjoying themselves.
Despicable Me Lol GIF

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Listening to the stadium and gale podcast earlier and silk made the joke that Ruiz was still going to have to pay Rashada even at UF. I’m not sure how these NIL deals are structured but that seems like a real possible risk at some point for a donor.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
A college gameday tradition and atmosphere second to none.

iu

Alex.

“Section four 0 twoooo…row eighty sevvveeenn…seat 4 and 5. This is us! Not the best seats, but what can you do?”

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

On a serious note...I find it more than a coincidence that Rashada flipped shortly after AR's big NIL deal was announced. I think it became obvious to Rashada that real NIL opportunities were there at UF where the stands were packed and an abundance of more exposure existed than the empty stands at scUM.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Listening to the stadium and gale podcast earlier and silk made the joke that Ruiz was still going to have to pay Rashada even at UF. I’m not sure how these NIL deals are structured but that seems like a real possible risk at some point for a donor.

I’ve read that as well. I’m sure it’s not the millions he was reported to be eligible for back in June, but he signed with Ruiz’s company from what I understand and will be paid something regardless. If they pull out of the contract now, it’s blatant pay-for-play. We’ve talked about how NIL either gets modified greatly or implodes all together. This is exhibit A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator