XFL: Calloway got Luck fired?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They need to lower the ticket prices. The premium seats in DC are well over $100. Nobody wants to pay that. The endzone seats are affordable, and they were 90+% full - but the sideline seats were more than 50% empty. They should drop the prices at least 25% and that would get more people in the stadium.

I agree w/ the offense issue. Not sure how to fix it. I'm hoping the NFL buys a stake and subsidizes it. It could be a true developmental league, especially for OL's.

Agree on the season prices, the difference between endzone (20-24) and sideline tickets (100+) is the same in Tampa. This weekend will be the first home game, don't know how the crowd will be. Waiting to see if I can't take my nieces/nephew just for the experience.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Agree on the season prices, the difference between endzone (20-24) and sideline tickets (100+) is the same in Tampa. This weekend will be the first home game, don't know how the crowd will be. Waiting to see if I can't take my nieces/nephew just for the experience.

Is it in a soccer stadium or the big NFL stadium? The one in DC is in the soccer stadium, which makes it a great environment.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is it in a soccer stadium or the big NFL stadium? The one in DC is in the soccer stadium, which makes it a great environment.

Raymond James Stadium, so an NFL field.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

That's a shame. It's going to feel empty and not have a great atmosphere - picture an Orange & Blue spring game w/ around 40k fans there. The stadium in DC felt mostly full and was a really enjoyable experience - the fans were into it too (it helps that they are 2-0).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I saw question on another forum:

What would the line be? DC Defenders vs. 2019 LSU Tigers?

Most responses had LSU favored by at least -7.

LSU would have a huge advantage at QB, but most of these XFL players are either former NFL players or guys that were borderline roster guys in the NFL. Plus, a lot of them are 25-30 years old vs. 19-22 year old college aged players.

Thoughts?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Did you go to the game? I watched, it was actually a pretty exciting game. Not sure WTF Tampa is doing w/ the QB's, but at least there was some offense. Houston pulled off the first 3-point extra-point play this season too.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did you go to the game? I watched, it was actually a pretty exciting game. Not sure WTF Tampa is doing w/ the QB's, but at least there was some offense. Houston pulled off the first 3-point extra-point play this season too.

No, but my wife picked up tickets to a later game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Former Gator Goolsby hauls in a TD catch for Tampa.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yikes, Elam cut

Former NFL first-round pick gets cut by XFL team after just four games in fledgling league

There's more to this story. He was a starter w/ about 10+ tackles/game and a couple of INT's. He either got himself in trouble or was contacted by an NFL team and cut his (XFL) season short to avoid injury.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Have 4 tickets to the game this Saturday...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Have 4 tickets to the game this Saturday...

Hopefully they play. I'm going to try to make it to one more DC game (they have two left, I prefer to go to the Saturday games and the last one is on a Saturday).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully they play. I'm going to try to make it to one more DC game (they have two left, I prefer to go to the Saturday games and the last one is on a Saturday).

As of last night nothing in Tampa has been cancelled, which is good, since outside of this the wife and I have 8 concerts this year. But is something that we are watching all the time...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
XFL officially cancels season. Plans to return in 2021.

Final standings:

EAST
1. DC Defenders — 3-2
1. St. Louis BattleHawks — 3-2
1. New York Guardians — 3-2
4. Tampa Bay Vipers — 1-4

WEST
1. Houston Roughnecks — 5-0
2. Dallas Renegades — 2-3
2. LA Wildcats — 2-3
4. Seattle Dragons — 1-4

BMF