Zion suffers knee injury after his Nike explodes

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The shoe literally disintegrated as he tried stopping early into last night's Duke-UNC game. His other leg bent awkwardly. Nike's stock is trading decidely lower in the pre-market as a result.

Expect Zion to chuck injury lawyers in favor of the promise of a $100m Nike deal built around a shoe integrity ad campaign.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The shoe literally disintegrated as he tried stopping early into last night's Duke-UNC game. His other leg bent awkwardly. Nike's stock is trading decidely lower in the pre-market as a result.

Expect Zion to chuck injury lawyers in favor of the promise of a $100m Nike deal built around a shoe integrity ad campaign.

Interesting that the broadcasters avoided any mention of the unusual sight of the shoe exploding. Both replays and, I am sure, the sight of him walking off the court should have made that an obvious comment.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It is the biggest suck when athletic excellence is brought down by injury. Nike will have to insist that team manager does a pregame inspection for flaws & cracks in the shoes. There's gotta be product liability for Nike with this freak failure to perform as warranted.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine generating that much power and torque to be able to rip through a shoe like he did. What a beast! This was a nightmare scenario for Nike. Luckily, he only has a knee sprain and not a torn ligament. If I were him, I’d shut it down until I start receiving a paycheck in the NBA. He’s done enough to be the consensus #1 pick in the draft. As much as I would like to see him play for my own amusement, he has proven everything he needs to prove in college. I wouldn’t step foot on a college court again if I were him.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LOL @ the clip of Obama seeing Zion rip through his shoe while at the game -- Massive facepalm for Nike -- this clip should be used in every competitive ad campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator