2-5 FSU trying to reschedule cancelled UL-M game to get bowl eligible

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
If we can beat MIZZ, UAB (not counting on beating USCe at this point), it would set up perfect for F$U to be our bowl eligibility win :D

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's a bunch of stories out about them cleaning house w/ assistant coaches....and players not respecting them. The DC is gone. The OC is gone. WR coach is gone. Jimbo has some ridiculous buyout, more than $20 million, so they're not firing him.

I think this is still a genius idea in that even if they don't make a bowl game they get another game, another week to practice, etc.

We're in a bit of a different situation w/ an entirely new staff coming in, so does it really help us if we did something similar (in rescheduling NCU)? Probably not. Hopefully we win out, Randy Shannon wins SEC COY, we win our bowl game, and Scott Frost takes over - landing the #1 recruiting class in the country, we get 91,000 at the spring game, Corral is named the starter, we blow through our schedule until the Cocktail Party where we blowout UGA, we curb stomp FSU, beat Bama in the SECCG, beat USCw in the 1st round of the playoff, then beat Ohio State in the championship game....causing Urban to have another heart attack, Saban retires from Alabama, the replace him w/ Butters....and repeat.

The only thing that would help is the extra $2-$5 million that it would bring into the budget and the extra money to the city. Getting some of the younger guys some snaps... With all the other issues going on right now within the offices and stadium, I don't know if it is really worth it.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I hope that ULM agrees and gets it in writing that they will receive their huge check for going to Tallcrappy. Then FSU loses 2 of 3 against Clemmy, Cuse and UF, (quite possible), thus the ULM game would only give them 4 wins. Then FSU cancels b/c of that, and has to pay them a check anyway. Or they play and about 12,000 fans show up. That would be the ultimate negative recruiting tool.
I think they lose to syracuse tomorrow honestly. I'm not impressed with any aspect of their football team.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I don’t think they would need much law enforcement. No one will go to that game. It will look more empty than a Miami home game.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
First the trying to get Bowden's vacated wins reversed now this. If they get the vacated wins reversed they will probably petition the NCAA to have Bowden's vacated wins count for this year's record and since that will give them more wins than anyone else this season they should be in the College Football Playoff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It will be quite funny to see them lose to Clempson and ULM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.