#20 UCF vs. Navy (3:30 p.m., CBSSN)

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Great hire? He's 3-3. Same record as Mac.
Have you watched Texas play much this year? No comparison between the two teams regardless of their record. Do you really think Florida would play Oklahoma even right down to the wire? I would definitely call Texas a program on the rise. Not so for UF at this moment.
And yes I would take Herman over and Gundy if we were picking between the two.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Have you watched Texas play much this year? No comparison between the two teams regardless of their record. Do you really think Florida would play Oklahoma even right down to the wire? I would definitely call Texas a program on the rise. Not so for UF at this moment.
And yes I would take Herman over and Gundy if we were picking between the two.

:headslap:The point being Herman was a flash in the pan one-season wonder and so is Frost.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well... they did just come back last week, down 4 points to Air Force, with 1:30 left in the game to score the winning TD.

That was two weeks ago but I get your point. To me Navy' s defense isn't as good as it has been in years past, and UCF is the best team offensively and defensively they'll play so far this year. This is a big game for UCF and I'll be surprised if they don't show up for it.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

cce.png

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
:headslap:The point being Herman was a flash in the pan one-season wonder and so is Frost.
I have not followed Frost career closely so can't comment on that. I would make the case that Herman is more than a flash-in-the-pan one year wonder. His resume is pretty strong and getting better every year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Texas' story requires more clarity. Two of the Longhorns' losses, by a combined eight points, were to #4 USC and #12 Oklahoma.

Texas' schedule is rated fifth toughest in the nation.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Both Herman's and Frost's careers need more clarity.

Probably so, but with all the TV money floating around, everyone's in the bidding war. It doesn't allow you the option to sit back in the weeds as much as, say, 10 years ago.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Probably so, but with all the TV money floating around, everyone's in the bidding war. It doesn't allow you the option to sit back in the weeds as much as, say, 10 years ago.
Double edged sword isn't it? If you wait too long you miss out, if you jump too soon you get a dud.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Double edged sword isn't it? If you wait too long you miss out, if you jump too soon you get a dud.

Absolutely is. I wouldn't want to be an AD now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I especially wouldn't trust our AD to make the decision on the "up and comer".

Lol, he's a flipping baseball guy from Mississippi State. How did we ever get ourselves in this predicament?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Buck stops here: W. Kent Fuchs.

I don't know enough about the guy to form an opinion on how he'll handle it. I do think the ball's in Stricklin's court re Mac. His decisionmaking so far baffles me.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I think the athletic director is in a tough spot. Should he decide to make a move regarding McElwain there does not seem to be a clear consensus as to a can't miss candidate. My guess is Gator Nation would be significantly divided no matter who the new coach might turn out to be.
That might make him more prone to give McElwain another year with significant staff changes required. At least I hope if he stays that significant staff changes would be required.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I don't know enough about the guy to form an opinion on how he'll handle it. I do think the ball's in Stricklin's court re Mac. His decisionmaking so far baffles me.
IDK. Theoretically the Prez sets the tone. He could be totally hands off or meddle in some way. It could be in a good way, as in insisting steps be taken to have a NC caliber football team. Fuchs was the point man on hiring Stricklin I assume. Was his priority an AD with football sensibilities or fundraising. It appears the latter. So if Stricklin is only doing what he was hired to do then we be screwed. Stricklin is only forced to make a move when it effects the bottom line. This appears to be the mode that we are in. Stricklin isn't operating under the Omega directive to win an NC that exists at Alabama and halFaSsU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.