2013 All Over Again

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We sit and watch the team tank, (at least Georgia Southern is not on the schedule), and watch the lame duck coach piddle around next season before a coaching change is made at the end of next season.

So who will be available at the end of next year, since we have to endure this inbred bastard Montana Yokel for at least 18 more games?:facepalm:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You can add 2014, 2015 and 2016 to that box of crap.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
were about to enter a 3 game skid, and after that the psyche of the team might be poor enough to extend it further. Mac's not guaranteed another season and I still think he's fired this year b/c this team is flat out awful, but him and his staff are even worse.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
A winless October and two of the losses in The Swamp, more L's in Nov. capped by a bad loss to FSU at Home again...no way he survives that much. The program is moving in the wrong direction. Everyone, including McElwain sees it. Why do you think he looks and acts the way he had this year on the sidelines and in pressers. He knows they suck at their jobs.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
41Zl8OMoiyL._SS500.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think this might get real bad if we don't beat A&M

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, this is the year that eventually the decision is made. Muschanp should never have gotten another year, unfortunately Mac will. This team cannot handle the disappointment that is coming.
The wheels will fall off and Mac will continue to cash enormous checks and not spend any money on dental or fitness.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
How in the holy hell did that idiot get a massive extension? How do you come in to fix Muschamp's offense and put the exact same **** on the field and get a raise and massive buy-out? It's time to find a way to pin the suspensions on that fat idiot and fire Stricklin for incompetence.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think this might get real bad if we don't beat A&M

Our world has become so upside down, I was expecting the sentence to end in "if we win." :lol:

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We lost TOP, penalties, passing yds, rushing yds, total yds, 3rd down efficiency, interceptions dropped AND the game.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There are some coaches i think could kill it here that could be available (Kelly or Fleck) but really i don't know... what i do know is ast this point there are only 3 coaches i would not want muscrap, orgeron, or butch... those 3 are the only ones worse than Mac that i can think of in fbs

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
It does remind me of UM's last season, stressed coached seeks respite and loses edge....

Seems like we are rolling backwards with no brake.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Feels sideways to me, like 2015 but without the false hope.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Too late now and not sure if we ever had a shot, but Chris Peterson should have been the guy way back when.

A west coast guy. Never would've been a fit here. Our decade of garbage was sealed the moment Foley passed on Franklin and gave WM another year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A west coast guy. Never would've been a fit here. Our decade of garbage was sealed the moment Foley passed on Franklin and gave WM another year.
Sofla, haven't you heard? Not only did Franklin encourage gang rape, he actually sat there and cheered it on while it was happening! :rolleyes3:

It would be interesting to know where we'd be as a program right now had we rightfully hired Franklin after the 2013 season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Franklin would have won bigly here, no doubt. But just firing WM and waiting for the right coach with an interim would have been better.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Too late now and not sure if we ever had a shot, but Chris Peterson should have been the guy way back when.
Peterson was never going to come here. Not because we weren't a step up, but because his kids hospitals were out there. There were at least 100 other people we could have hired at the time though.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Changing coaches is as much about who's available now as it is about what's gone wrong with yours. If the right guy is available in December, it shouldn't matter how much we owe Mac or how long we extended him or how many SEC East noserings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator