2013 All Over Again

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
A west coast guy. Never would've been a fit here. Our decade of garbage was sealed the moment Foley passed on Franklin and gave WM another year.

Depends on the staff he would have hired. He built a dynasty at Boise and while no one is paying attention, he looks to be at the beginning of another dynasty in the Pacific Northwest.

Franklin would have also been a good hire. Turned around Penn St very quickly. I guess the question we need to ask ourselves now, if Mac gets the axe in the next 450 days or so, who do we go after? Part of me feels like the new AD will go after Mullen because of familiarity. Not sure how I would feel about that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly would consider never watching another game if this happens.
Yeah me too. Though I may not make it to the next coach.

My head says to turn it off. Has since 2012 but my heart wont allow it so far. We ve lasted much longer than most.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Its just a huge shyt show week in and week out. Its really draining and such a waste of productive time. I could have been wiping down my water hoses or polishing my drain gutters.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Its just a huge shyt show week in and week out. Its really draining and such a waste of productive time. I could have been wiping down my water hoses or polishing my drain gutters.

I am starting to feel the same way. You know its bad when you start getting numb to the sh*tty offense and the losses.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
If October is as bad as expected, what's the point in letting him coach 2018? It's like putting sour milk in the fridge and hoping it will be fresh the next day.

Never though I'd type this: I miss Muschamp

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Yeah me too. Though I may not make it to the next coach.

My head says to turn it off. Has since 2012 but my heart wont allow it so far. We ve lasted much longer than most.

You should stick around man. We have a new AD who might actually spend some money on the next head coach.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
The fan base always takes a "where are we right now" look at the program, but the UF brass
takes a more measured look at things. If the administration were forced to take a vote of
Confidence/No Confidence at this moment, what would they look at?
2015: Mac comes in as the new HBC late in the recruiting process and somehow
manages to salvage a respectable class. He goes on to to win the SEC East, finishes the
season with a 10 & 4 record. He also loses to FSU (at home) 'Bama, and Michigan in the bowl game.
2016: Mac pulls in a better recruiting class, and starts off great guns with Grier under center. Grier takes
one too many trips to GNC and gets benched on PED charges. Mac (for reasons still clouded in mystery)
decides Grier is no longer in the Gator's future and goes all in on his replacement, Franks. Exit Will Grier.
UF wins the SEC East for the second year in a row, a feat no other new head coach at UF has ever done.
The season ends with loses to FSU and 'Bama, but does win it's bowl game, ends the season with a respectable
9 & 4 record.
2017: Mac records his best ever recruiting class, then opens the season with irritating loss to Michigan.
He then continues the streak against Kentucky's Kitty Cats, avenges last year's loss against the Vols, and shows
Vandy that they ain't all that. Puts up a good fight against hated LSU, but watches the game slip away when
the PAT sails off the mark.
So now the Gators sit at 3 & 2. What does the administration do? Uf still has a chance to win the SEC East,
if they can continue the mastery against Georgia. They probably expect the Gators to end up 7 & 3 or 8 & 4,
and end up in some mid-tier bowl somewhere. They also look at 2018's recruiting class and are pleased to
see the current rankings. My guess is that they see no need to panic following this season and gives Mac
an "Atta Boy". Mac is entrenched at least through the 2018 season and probably longer.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The fan base always takes a "where are we right now" look at the program, but the UF brass
takes a more measured look at things. If the administration were forced to take a vote of
manages to salvage a respectable class. He goes on to to win the SEC East, finishes the
season with a 10 & 4 record. He also loses to FSU (at home) 'Bama, and Michigan in the bowl game.
2016: Mac pulls in a better recruiting class, and starts off great guns with Grier under center. Grier takes
one too many trips to GNC and gets benched on PED charges. Mac (for reasons still clouded in mystery)
decides Grier is no longer in the Gator's future and goes all in on his replacement, Franks. Exit Will Grier.
UF wins the SEC East for the second year in a row, a feat no other new head coach at UF has ever done.
The season ends with loses to FSU and 'Bama, but does win it's bowl game, ends the season with a respectable
9 & 4 record.
2017: Mac records his best ever recruiting class, then opens the season with irritating loss to Michigan.
He then continues the streak against Kentucky's Kitty Cats, avenges last year's loss against the Vols, and shows
Vandy that they ain't all that. Puts up a good fight against hated LSU, but watches the game slip away when
So now the Gators sit at 3 & 2. What does the administration do? Uf still has a chance to win the SEC East,
if they can continue the mastery against Georgia. They probably expect the Gators to end up 7 & 3 or 8 & 4,
and end up in some mid-tier bowl somewhere. They also look at 2018's recruiting class and are pleased to
see the current rankings. My guess is that they see no need to panic following this season and gives Mac
an "Atta Boy". Mac is entrenched at least through the 2018 season and probably longer.

Grier left after 2015.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
9 & 4 record.

No, the fanbase sees what the administration doesn't want to see. If history has taught the fans one thing it's to recognize patterns and recognize horrible football that has not improved one iota going into year 3. It's easier for the administration to keep Mac so they will. Hard decisions are hard and no one likes to fire their friends. But as a wise and hypocritical AD once said, "What should be done eventually, must be done immediately."

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You know what you have after three years. Hot garbage.

And for those dumb ass pumpers that try to say "what about Dabo"...he won the ACC and ten games in his THIRD season. Dumb****s.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is ringing true more and more with me.

I remember in 2013 that Driskel had appendicitis and Matt Jones had some weird illness that caused him to lose a bunch of weight before the season started.

This year... We lose Callaway and Scarlett to suspensions and our top WR signee has a heart issue! We lost Harris (huge loss).

In 2013 we lost to Miami. This year we lost to Michigan. I think the main difference is we really really should have beat Miami in 2013.

In both years we then found ways to beat UT and UK.

In both years as October hit we are about to get smoked by teams that are clearly better than us. LSU was not better than us, but Coach O actually out coached McElwain and that says all you need to know.

Now as we continue to head into the meat of our schedule we see injuries mounting (DelRio, Cleveland, Toney, Thompson).

In 2013 I thought the injuries were the reason the team did so bad outside of Vandy and Ga Southern, but even so I made excuses. This year I know better. I am starting to think in some cases bad teams have more injuries because they put their players in more situations to get hurt. These plays take more hits or are pushing harder to make a play and maybe twist an ankle trying to do too much. It is also obvious that the offensive philosophy is so bad that it really wouldn't matter. Getting the plays in slowly, poor execution, etc...

Even with all of this I think Mac is around next year. I don't think he should be, but I think he gets one more year. I think the most likely case is that Nuss gets fired, but I am not even 100% sure that happens. My hope is that Mac can hold this recruiting class together and this class becomes the foundation for a new coach.

If he does go after an OC I am a big fan of Jedd Fisch out at UCLA and Fisch is a UF alum. I think we need somebody who truly appreciates what it is to be a Gator.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
9 & 4 record.

What is missing here is the way we win and the overall quality of football being played. I think the administration recognizes that the offensive output is truly offensive to the fan base. I guarantee you that the Bull Gators are not happy with what they are seeing on the field and they are pushing for some type of change.

I also don't see how anybody looks at our schedule and sees any wins outside of Mizzou and UAB. We could possibly beat South Carolina, but it is not a guarantee at all. I don't see any way we beat A&M or Georgia. FSU is a crap shoot depending on who we have back from injury and if the team comes out really fired up. We are most likely 5 wins... maybe 6 and at best 7.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Depends on the staff he would have hired. He built a dynasty at Boise and while no one is paying attention, he looks to be at the beginning of another dynasty in the Pacific Northwest.

Franklin would have also been a good hire. Turned around Penn St very quickly. I guess the question we need to ask ourselves now, if Mac gets the axe in the next 450 days or so, who do we go after? Part of me feels like the new AD will go after Mullen because of familiarity. Not sure how I would feel about that.

Just noticed this reply. Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that he wouldn't be a huge upgrade over what we have or that his system wouldn't work here. I've just always heard that he is more of a West coast guy and it seems like the SE programs,for whatever reason, don't pursue him either. But I'd take him in a heartbeat and find myself pulling for the Huskies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator