2013 All Over Again

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The fan base always takes a "where are we right now" look at the program, but the UF brass
takes a more measured look at things. If the administration were forced to take a vote of
Confidence/No Confidence at this moment, what would they look at?
2015: Mac comes in as the new HBC late in the recruiting process and somehow
manages to salvage a respectable class. He goes on to to win the SEC East, finishes the
season with a 10 & 4 record. He also loses to FSU (at home) 'Bama, and Michigan in the bowl game.
2016: Mac pulls in a better recruiting class, and starts off great guns with Grier under center. Grier takes
one too many trips to GNC and gets benched on PED charges. Mac (for reasons still clouded in mystery)
decides Grier is no longer in the Gator's future and goes all in on his replacement, Franks. Exit Will Grier.
UF wins the SEC East for the second year in a row, a feat no other new head coach at UF has ever done.
The season ends with loses to FSU and 'Bama, but does win it's bowl game, ends the season with a respectable
9 & 4 record.
2017: Mac records his best ever recruiting class, then opens the season with irritating loss to Michigan.
He then continues the streak against Kentucky's Kitty Cats, avenges last year's loss against the Vols, and shows
Vandy that they ain't all that. Puts up a good fight against hated LSU, but watches the game slip away when
the PAT sails off the mark.
So now the Gators sit at 3 & 2. What does the administration do? Uf still has a chance to win the SEC East,
if they can continue the mastery against Georgia. They probably expect the Gators to end up 7 & 3 or 8 & 4,
and end up in some mid-tier bowl somewhere. They also look at 2018's recruiting class and are pleased to
see the current rankings. My guess is that they see no need to panic following this season and gives Mac
an "Atta Boy". Mac is entrenched at least through the 2018 season and probably longer.

If this is what the administration thinks, then they obviously don't watch the games or have ever kept up with anything that's going on with the team.

Also, do you think they'll give Mac an "Atta Boy" when we finish with around 5 wins and attendance drops with every game?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hahahaha......movinggoalpost obviously is a huge Mac guy. All my negative posts got dislikes. Hahahaha

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just think how some of the current narrative would be different had we not escaped UT and Kentucky. Even losing one of those games put us at 2-3 right now. Truthfully we are a whisker from being 1-4.

Records aside I think the death knell for mac isn't going to be the losses I think it's going to be the continued lack of offense. I just read that only four teams in the nation are running less plays per game than us. So we can't get plays called on time and we can't execute them when we do. That has nothing to do with players and everything to do with a staff that is still clueless halfway through year 3.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The fan base always takes a "where are we right now" look at the program, but the UF brass
takes a more measured look at things. If the administration were forced to take a vote of
Confidence/No Confidence at this moment, what would they look at?
2015: Mac comes in as the new HBC late in the recruiting process and somehow
manages to salvage a respectable class. He goes on to to win the SEC East, finishes the
season with a 10 & 4 record. He also loses to FSU (at home) 'Bama, and Michigan in the bowl game.
2016: Mac pulls in a better recruiting class, and starts off great guns with Grier under center. Grier takes
one too many trips to GNC and gets benched on PED charges. Mac (for reasons still clouded in mystery)
decides Grier is no longer in the Gator's future and goes all in on his replacement, Franks. Exit Will Grier.
UF wins the SEC East for the second year in a row, a feat no other new head coach at UF has ever done.
The season ends with loses to FSU and 'Bama, but does win it's bowl game, ends the season with a respectable
9 & 4 record.
2017: Mac records his best ever recruiting class, then opens the season with irritating loss to Michigan.
He then continues the streak against Kentucky's Kitty Cats, avenges last year's loss against the Vols, and shows
Vandy that they ain't all that. Puts up a good fight against hated LSU, but watches the game slip away when
the PAT sails off the mark.
So now the Gators sit at 3 & 2. What does the administration do? Uf still has a chance to win the SEC East,
if they can continue the mastery against Georgia. They probably expect the Gators to end up 7 & 3 or 8 & 4,
and end up in some mid-tier bowl somewhere. They also look at 2018's recruiting class and are pleased to
see the current rankings. My guess is that they see no need to panic following this season and gives Mac
an "Atta Boy". Mac is entrenched at least through the 2018 season and probably longer.

Although nearly every point you made here is flawed to say the least, I fear that you are right on target with what the gutless administration is thinking.
1. Yes, he has won the East two years in a row but we all know that qualifies us as the "smartest kid in the dumb class"
2. I wonder how 2016 would have gone with Grier at QB for the back half of the season
3. Yes, he had his best class last year but his best is not the standard for UF. Compare his classes to the first 3 from all previous coaches. Not pretty.
4. Yes, he has a strong class lined up but it is October. Recruiting is nothing more than The National Enquirer of football until signing day
5. As to the game last Saturday, I didn't see the "good fight" you referenced. I saw a team that looked lost for much of the game and continued to get into its own way most of the time.
6. Mac has turned over nearly his entire coaching staff yet the two weakest members (Nord and Nuss) remain on the staff with raises.

As I said, the bad news is that you are probably 100% correct in your assessment. The AD does not want to rock the boat until Foley tells him it is okay and we know how aggressive Foley is when it comes time to make a change. I expect Mac to get a two year extension in December.

Meanwhile, Miami and Georgia are getting better by the week and will dominate recruiting in the next few years.

Our saving grace is that we will have all the BBQ sauce we could ever want.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hahahaha......movinggoalpost obviously is a huge Mac guy. All my negative posts got dislikes. Hahahaha

Whoever it is they're a f'ing retard because they never post and always dis-like anything that suggests McElwain or Nussmeir are below average coaches. Basically, the poster is a registered troll.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Sofla, haven't you heard? Not only did Franklin encourage gang rape, he actually sat there and cheered it on while it was happening! :rolleyes3:

It would be interesting to know where we'd be as a program right now had we rightfully hired Franklin after the 2013 season.

Probably top 5 program, but the administration thinks we've had enough success in football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator