2015 Offensive line

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n179930 said:
In 2011 didn't we have some bum off the streets name verdaguchi coaching the o-line? And how many o linemen did we put in the nfl when marrioti was here? And if I remember correctly Ohio state just won the national championship because of their power running game.

Granted but we also had a HC prior to 2011 that believed in recruiting offensive linemen that were good enough to get to the NFL......Also how would you explain our offensive line being pretty physical in 2012, Dillman's first year despite being coached by the turd that followed Verdouchie?

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
I think Ivey is going to be a star

My nephew teaches at Apopka and has him in 1st period and says he's a good kid, with work ethic, values and a frame that can carry another 20 lbs...and
built to battle

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah, it really started in and about the Great Esophageal Spasm Era...

Attachments

• conv_2476.jpg
    conv_2476.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 33

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n180028 said:
Our OL crisis actually began with the Creyer Regime:
It did indeed. You however cannot fault Meyer for going after Green and Silberman as they were both very highly rated. He just didn't get enough numberwise. We've all discussed the need to get at least 4 or 5 offensive linemen per year and the 2 examples you posted show why because only about half that come in ever see any meaningful playing time.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n180175 said:

Yeah, it really started in and about the Great Esophageal Spasm Era...
What, winning titles?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n180202 said:
What, winning titles?

No sh*t. :facepalm: Are we really still blaming our current issues on Meyer? FFS, why not throw Doug Dickey in the mix, as well.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n180198 said:
It did indeed. You however cannot fault Meyer for going after Green and Silberman as they were both very highly rated. He just didn't get enough numberwise. We've all discussed the need to get at least 4 or 5 offensive linemen per year and the 2 examples you posted show why because only about half that come in ever see any meaningful playing time.

I agree Helmet. There should at least be 4 OL'men avg. signed per year. You need the practive numbers, depth, and so on. We've been lacking on depth for years now.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TN G8tr;n180236 said:
I agree Helmet. There should at least be 4 OL'men avg. signed per year. You need the practive numbers, depth, and so on. We've been lacking on depth for years now.

We got good numbers this year and hopefully none of them have to quit football because of an injury. I think we've had 3 offensive linemen in the last 2 years that have left the team for that reason. I really wish that Horton would have stuck. He was 330# and probably could have repped some at guard. Some of our guys at that position are a little light IMO. Those guy really need to be packing 300 plus to play there an a lot of guards at most programs are in the 320-330 range.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That just isnt reality. About half of al OL recruits dont play ever. Thats been a fairly constant number for decades. We ask alot of them in the weight room and in the trenches.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In All Kinds Of Weather;n179712 said:
I know true freshmen don't usually start from day 1, especially on the offensive line in the SEC, but I think if anybody could it'd be Ivey.
RT- Ivey
RG- Rod Johnson
C- Dillard
LG- Thurman
LT- Sharpe

I just don't see how you can look at Ivey (the #2 OVERALL player in the nation coming out of high school) and keep him on the bench. Especially given that the guys who would be playing in front of him are also young and inexperienced.

I think his weight will keep him from starting unless its later in the year due to injury. Maybe if he gains weight easy and is pushing 300 when the season starts there is a chance.

Like Law said O linemen are given those rankings due to being quick and slamming a basketball backwards with no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.