2015 SEC Championship Odds

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
UF 3rd worst odds tied with USC and only ahead of UK and Vandy. at 25:1 I'll probably take some of that action. Who knows, stranger things have happened. Bama are the odds on favorite again. Looking at recent history, they've played in 3 of the last 6 and won each time so their odds seem about right or even a little low. UGA played in two over the same period and lost both. I'd say they are getting better odds than they deserve. And how about Ole Miss? Wouldn't you need a winning record in the SEC to have any chance to get to the game in the first place? They're way over rated in my opinion. I guess the rest of the odds are about right except UT. recruiting is one thing, winning games another and so far Jones hasn't shown me anything to believe they are real contenders. LSU and Ark might be decent long odds teams from the West to sneak in and whoever represents the West will be the favorites so I might take a look at the odds on those two when I'm in Vegas in April.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...alabama-auburn

Alabama +260
Auburn +400
Georgia +400
Mississippi +420
Tennessee +900
LSU +1,000
Arkansas +1,200
Missouri +1,300
Mississippi State +1,500
Texas A&M +1,500
South Carolina +2,500
Florida +2,500
Kentucky +7,500
Vanderbilt +10,000

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the SEC next season. We're either going to have walk-ons or undersized 18 year olds starting on our OL. We don't have a proven QB, our WRs are substandard and we just hired a guy for minimum wage to coach them up and we're an injury or two away from having DBs playing linebacker. Does that about sum it up, Law? :lol:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
AlexDaGator;n176921 said:
2015, not 2016.

If it was 2016 I'd put money on it.

Alex.
Thanks for the correction. Correct, 2015-16 season. 2015 SECCG.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
2015 will be the learning year, 2016 will be the year we are in the SEC CG

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n176919 said:
We don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the SEC next season. We're either going to have walk-ons or undersized 18 year olds starting on our OL. We don't have a proven QB, our WRs are substandard and we just hired a guy for minimum wage to coach them up and we're an injury or two away from having DBs playing linebacker. Does that about sum it up, Law? :lol:

Law would say why in the hell are we tied with SC at 12th place.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There was a time when WE were the odds on favorite.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
T REX;n176942 said:
There was a time when WE were the odds on favorite.
We still have the most appearances and most wins. Not too late to widen our lead, but as stated we are probably still a year or 2 away. That won't stop me from placing a small wager with 25 times odds.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ChattanooGATOR;n176948 said:
Ole Miss and UToothless jumped out at me as well. They haven't beaten us in a decades for Pete's sake.

Ole Miss beat us in 2008.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It is pretty bad when Miss State, Ole Miss and Arkansas etc. are favored over us and we are only in front of KY and Vandy. Looking at those odds they expect Tennessee to clean our clock I guess. I don't remember us ever being discounted this much since Spurrier got here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ole Miss and UToothless jumped out at me as well. They haven't beaten us in a decades for Pete's sake.

I thought Ole Miss beat us like 2 of the last 3 times we played.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n176959 said:
I thought Ole Miss beat us like 2 of the last 3 times we played.

I wouldn't be shocked, even Spurrier had issues with the Mississippi Teams... we seems to $hit the bed with them at the worst times.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n176966 said:
I wouldn't be shocked, even Spurrier had issues with the Mississippi Teams... we seems to $hit the bed with them at the worst times.

Yep it goes back a ways. I remember us beating Ole Miss I think in 07 then losing to them in 08 and I think Zook lost one to them also.

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014

This line of thinking kills me. :deadnanner:

This is the golden age of the SEC. Everyone has the resources and the fan bases to peak and win it all (excluding UK and Vandy). Ole Miss and UT have been trending up for the past two seasons. They've had strong recruiting classes, and the players, universities, and fans believe they can compete with and beat the best. We've been trending upward for about three months (you could even argue only a week), and obviously we have't played a game in that span.

Ole Miss and Tennersee should beat us. Not that they will, but based on what's transpired the past couple of years they should.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n176952 said:
It is pretty bad when Miss State, Ole Miss and Arkansas etc. are favored over us and we are only in front of KY and Vandy.
Have you been asleep the last 5 years?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n176993 said:
Have you been asleep the last 5 years?

:lol: But they never did this before even when we probably should have been down that low. I guess Vegas gave us extra Muschamp points.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStompin';n176990 said:
This line of thinking kills me. :deadnanner:

This is the golden age of the SEC. Everyone has the resources and the fan bases to peak and win it all (excluding UK and Vandy). Ole Miss and UT have been trending up for the past two seasons. They've had strong recruiting classes, and the players, universities, and fans believe they can compete with and beat the best. We've been trending upward for about three months (you could even argue only a week), and obviously we have't played a game in that span.

Ole Miss and Tennersee should beat us. Not that they will, but based on what's transpired the past couple of years they should.

Tennessee does worry me this season some. That QB of theirs looks like the real deal and they had a lot of young players get experience last season. I am glad we play them at home. Ole Miss unless they kept that transfer that got into a lot of trouble has some major issues at QB and its hard to say how they are likely to do this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.