2016 Class/Remaining Targets

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think we'll lose all of those guys. Maybe one or two, but not all six. Hopefully we'll add Cleveland and Fulton, but I think Fulton is probably LSU bound. To me it will be more disappointing if we don't bring in Cleveland. There's no excuse for not beating out Houston, Arkansas, and TCU for a recruit that rooted for UF as a child, has family in state, and has a childhood friend playing here.
He doesnt play LB or DT so I have great difficulty caring that much. If we get him, great or not mehhhh, we have four other receivers already. As bad as we need top LBs and DTs, I have trouble imaginig how we justify spending time on this kid.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah..
He is like Spivey... Their 247 guy, but that means he keeps track of their stuff
Very true and one thing in recruiting is that the sites for the team the git is committed to is usually the last to know if someone is going to flip

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He doesnt play LB or DT so I have great difficulty caring that much. If we get him, great or not mehhhh, we have four other receivers already. As bad as we need top LBs and DTs, I have trouble imaginig how we justify spending time on this kid.

Cleveland is a top 100 player and is ranked higher on Rivals than any of our other WR recruits, so he's still a good get even though he isn't necessarily a need. My point was that he is the kind of player that we should be able to flip easily, so if he doesn't come here, then that will be very disappointing.

I do agree that the lack of LB and DT commits are discouraging and alarming. Sure they are bringing in a couple of good DEs and DBs, but the defensive recruiting as a whole is not impressive. It doesn't matter if our recruiting class is top 5 or not, unless Mac miraculously brings in good LB's and DT's in the next two days, then this recruiting class could set us back another year of being a championship contender. Our defense in 2017 looks like it will flat out suck, with the exception of 3rd and long situations thanks to the good pass rushers that we at least will have. I'm not looking forward to watching a bunch of freshmen try to stop the run against Michigan, LSU, UGA, and FSU then.

Fortunately, I think we can have a pretty good year this year as long as we have good QB play and a little luck.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like OL Landon Dickerson is out. He will choose between:

Tennessee
Half A$$ U
Bammer

He had a great visit to UT over the weekend and his twitter page said he should have visited Bamma earlier. I say UT.

I think I read somewhere (maybe this thread?) that enrollment was an issue.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Cleveland recapping his visit:

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — The services of Tyrie Cleveland are up for grabs as National Signing Day approaches.

Despite being a commitment to Houston (for now), the nation’s No. 2 wide receiver told SEC Country the Cougars have fell off.

“I’m really looking at Florida, TCU and Arkansas,” said Cleveland, who officially visited all three schools this month
The 6-foot-3, 190-pounder from Houston (Texas) Westfield will announce his final decision Wednesday. UF received the last official visit from him this weekend.

“It was a great overall trip,” Cleveland said. “I got to see a lot of stuff and got my questions answered. I also spent a lot of time with the coaches and the people at Florida.

“My favorite part was the introduction they gave everybody coming in. They showed our highlights and coach (Jim) McElwain was there with his wife. There was a lot of love from him and the coaches.”

Cleveland’s biggest question coming into the visit was how the UF staff would use him as a true freshman. He wanted the coaches to “keep it real” with him.

“They did,” Cleveland said. “They told me it’s a step-by-step process, but physically, they said I’m ready to play now.

“It’s just the mental part of the game coming from high school to college that I have to get used to. They need to get me to know the plays and understand everything with the offense. Then I’ll be good to go.”

Cleveland spent the weekend with Gators wide receiver commit Rick Wells, who he attended middle school with in Jacksonville before his move to Texas.

“It was great to reunite with him,” Cleveland said of Wells. “I haven’t seen him since the eighth grade, so meeting up with him again was crazy.

“We had a good time, and I’m looking forward to it. We’ll see if we’re teammates in college, but playing with Rick would be a blessing.”

Cleveland said his aunt, whom he lives with in Houston, was unable to make the trip to Florida. He’s ready to fill her in on UF and then make his college choice, which he reiterated will be up to him.

“I have to go back and give all the information they gave me to her,” Cleveland said. “Hopefully she feels good about it like I do.”

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If I was a coach I would make all of the holdout recruits have to prove their ability beyond all doubt before they made the starting team. Let them suffer some. You can bet that happens.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
:headslap:I would hate to live in such a dark world.

sorry to be so jaded but this program has been in a dark place since Saban put Creyer in the hospital. a long time. the sun was starting to shine last year and then Grier went boom. it's ridiculous. things will turn and i think Mac can do it, but i'm a seeing is believing guy at this point.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sorry to be so jaded but this program has been in a dark place since Saban put Creyer in the hospital. a long time. the sun was starting to shine last year and then Grier went boom. it's ridiculous. things will turn and i think Mac can do it, but i'm a seeing is believing guy at this point.
I think Grier set this program back further than we'll ever know.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is better. Thanks for not going full kev :whew:

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cleveland is a top 100 player and is ranked higher on Rivals than any of our other WR recruits, so he's still a good get even though he isn't necessarily a need. My point was that he is the kind of player that we should be able to flip easily, so if he doesn't come here, then that will be very disappointing.

I do agree that the lack of LB and DT commits are discouraging and alarming. Sure they are bringing in a couple of good DEs and DBs, but the defensive recruiting as a whole is not impressive. It doesn't matter if our recruiting class is top 5 or not, unless Mac miraculously brings in good LB's and DT's in the next two days, then this recruiting class could set us back another year of being a championship contender. Our defense in 2017 looks like it will flat out suck, with the exception of 3rd and long situations thanks to the good pass rushers that we at least will have. I'm not looking forward to watching a bunch of freshmen try to stop the run against Michigan, LSU, UGA, and FSU then.

Fortunately, I think we can have a pretty good year this year as long as we have good QB play and a little luck.

I seem to remember in years past that UF coaches often didn't recruit DT's out of high school and would instead recruit DE's that they thought could put on weight and transition to DT. It was thought that the overall speed of the defensive line would increase that way. I have no idea if that is what Mac is thinking or if it is just a failure to go after DT's.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I seem to remember in years past that UF coaches often didn't recruit DT's out of high school and would instead recruit DE's that they thought could put on weight and transition to DT. It was thought that the overall speed of the defensive line would increase that way. I have no idea if that is what Mac is thinking or if it is just a failure to go after DT's.

don't be surprised to see cece at DT before the season is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.