2016 Class/Remaining Targets

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think we get Burns but yeah...it would be F'ing great!!!!

Realistically we prolly get Fulton and Cleveland at best. Then again I feel like Mac has a few tricks up his sleeve for some reason

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think we get Burns but yeah...it would be F'ing great!!!!
How many flyweight DE projects do we need anyway? Does it really help us with our real needs to land one more 215lb end, 210 lb linebacker project or CB?

Our needs are OL, DT, and LB. We need to fill that no matter what. I expect a few 2 star FIU types.

Hell, after we completely whiffed on LBs LAST YEAR despite our obviously desperate situation, we whiff AGAIN and are now saying maybe we will fix it next year?

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How many lightweight DEs do we need anyway? Does it really help us with our real needs to land one more 215lb end, 210 lb linebacker or CB?

Our needs are OL, DT, and LB. We need to fill that no matter what. I expect a few 2 star FIU types.
Well realistically we only have 1 OL that is even considering us right now and no other DT or LB that isn't at most a backup plan...personally i will take 3 top 100 players regardless of position and be happy about it vs not getting them in addition to not getting anymore OL, DT, or LB. (Not saying we are even going to get those 3 but could end up with some combination of them)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We grabbed some unranked kids last year very, very late. I expect the same. We are at the point of just needing some LBs with a pulse.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
LB is the area where I am most concerned. However I really like Reese as a Morrison/Davis type, and think Moon will be a solid OLB once he gains some weight.

I would love to grab Fulton and Cleveland as they can be difference makers on their respective sides of the ball

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, just wondering, what do ya'll think of him? Local kid, likely going to VT.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
How many lightweight DEs do we need anyway? Does it really help us with our real needs to land one more 215lb end, 210 lb linebacker or CB?

I agree,I think we have enough DE's. I think we're going to land Big John Simpson on the OL and I also think Manual sticks. We'll see what happens though!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree,I think we have enough DE's. I think we're going to land Big John Simpson on the OL and I also think Manual sticks. We'll see what happens though!
You can never have enough 5* talent along the Dline...you do not turn him down. it's not like it's a 1 for 1 deal like we are losing out on some primo OL recruit because we're taking him...outside of Simpson they don't exist. Same with LB. Right now we have a very solid class and any top 100 talent we can land we should be thrilled beyond all belief...then hope our coaches get after it big time next year to shore up those areas.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How many flyweight DE projects do we need anyway? Does it really help us with our real needs to land one more 215lb end, 210 lb linebacker project or CB?

Hell, after we completely whiffed on LBs LAST YEAR despite our obviously desperate situation, we whiff AGAIN and are now saying maybe we will fix it next year?

I think we're fine here for the 16' season. I'm guessing you're looking at 2017 with the departure of J Ivie and what we assume will be Brantley bolting after his RS JR year. In which case we'll have Holley, Clark , Zuniga and Taven Bryan. Pretty solid group if you add Manuel to the list. You can always go the JUCO route for a space eater on the DL. They might not be fantastic but solid role players. Think Jacobs on the 2012 DL or cummings the following year. I'm concerned about linebacker, and would like to see a permanent move from M Harris to that position. Man coverage isn't something he excels at anyway ;).

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It would be nice to start the day off with some momentum for the good guys! Of course.. most important thing is keeping a lot of the kids who are already committed.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not sure how accurate it is, but I heard a rumbling on the 247 site that Wells is supposedly going to announce a decision between us, USF and VT on Wednesday? Just days after reaffirming his commitment with us. Anyone know is this is true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator