2016 Roster updated

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Appears the roster has been updated (Harris is no longer on it and many of the weights have changed):

2016 roster: http://floridagators.com/roster.aspx?path=football

2015 roster: http://floridagators.com/roster.aspx?roster=63&path=football

Some notable changes:

J. Davis is 10lbs heavier than last year.

Brantley is 14lbs lighter (from 314 to 300).

J. Ivey is down 5lbs (to 290).

A. Ivey is down 24lbs (from 302 to 278).

Rolin is up to 220lbs.

McMillan is at 227 (8lbs bigger than last year), which is nice to see.

Thompson is listed at 242 (after losing weight in the spring, looks like he's gained it back).

Del Rio lost 3lbs from last year's roster.

CeCe is 5lbs lighter (at 270).

Christian Garcia is 1" taller and 12lbs heavier.

Holley is still on the roster....and 60lbs lighter than last year.

Cronkrite is 1 pound lighter (I would have liked to see him 10+ lbs heavier, he's at 204).

Herndon is finally over 200lbs (at 203)....is he the #4 TB or does Perine, who is at 220lbs win that spot?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Appears the roster has been updated (Harris is no longer on it and many of the weights have changed):

2016 roster: http://floridagators.com/roster.aspx?path=football

2015 roster: http://floridagators.com/roster.aspx?roster=63&path=football

Some notable changes:

J. Davis is 10lbs heavier than last year.

Brantley is 14lbs lighter (from 314 to 300).

J. Ivey is down 5lbs (to 290).

A. Ivey is down 24lbs (from 302 to 278).

Rolin is up to 220lbs.

McMillan is at 227 (8lbs bigger than last year), which is nice to see.

Thompson is listed at 242 (after losing weight in the spring, looks like he's gained it back).

Del Rio lost 3lbs from last year's roster.

CeCe is 5lbs lighter (at 270).

Christian Garcia is 1" taller and 12lbs heavier.

Holley is still on the roster....and 60lbs lighter than last year.

Cronkrite is 1 pound lighter (I would have liked to see him 10+ lbs heavier, he's at 204).

Herndon is finally over 200lbs (at 203)....is he the #4 TB or does Perine, who is at 220lbs win that spot?

I don't like the DT's losing all that weight. I prefer huge space eaters there. Good to see the LB's, especially Rolin gaining weight. Maybe the duct tape just got stickier. Thompson is a bruising back, and I expect that's he will be used for.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't like the DT's losing all that weight. I prefer huge space eaters there. Good to see the LB's, especially Rolin gaining weight. Maybe the duct tape just got stickier. Thompson is a bruising back, and I expect that's he will be used for.

Agree on the DTs. Clark is our biggest at 326lbs.Only Brantley is at 300. Bryan, both Ivey's, and CeCe are all under 295.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't worry too much about the weight loss. Summer workouts can have that effect on some guys. They'll put some back on once the coaches start having more time with the players to ensure they're eating right.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I find it odd that there is nobody on the roster wearing the numbers 1-3. In the past it seems like those were the most popular numbers.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I find it odd that there is nobody on the roster wearing the numbers 1-3. In the past it seems like those were the most popular numbers.
Maybe that's a good sign, as those are numbers typically reserved for your best players and/or to stroke some players' egos and Mac has decided nobody gets 1, 2 or 3. :dunno:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Perine at 220, put on 10lbs. Enjoyed his HS tape.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Maybe that's a good sign, as those are numbers typically reserved for your best players and/or to stroke some players' egos and Mac has decided nobody gets 1, 2 or 3. :dunno:
I was thinking the same thing, but I kind of like that hey look at me attitude. Usually those that wear those numbers either perform or are forced to change their number. That makes me think we don't have that playmaker(s)

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
I was thinking the same thing, but I kind of like that hey look at me attitude. Usually those that wear those numbers either perform or are forced to change their number. That makes me think we don't have that playmaker(s)

I'm "guessing" that the players that would have been in jersey #s 1 and 2 both got in some trouble and will be wearing 81 and 89...

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Give the kicker #3. "There goes 3 on the field for Florida again. The kick is up, it's good!"

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm "guessing" that the players that would have been in jersey #s 1 and 2 both got in some trouble and will be wearing 81 and 89...
I'm pretty sure I saw where Cleveland was going to be #2. I think you're right about him, maybe AC as well.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looks like this post was premature. They have an updated roster posted today w several new heights and weights. Also several new walk-ons.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like this post was premature. They have an updated roster posted today w several new heights and weights. Also several new walk-ons.
Looks like cece is down to 260. Doesn't sound like he'll be playing inside much.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like cece is down to 260. Doesn't sound like he'll be playing inside much.
Well, he has to, regardless of whether or not he weighs as much as a Trailerbammer linebacker. I was hoping to see some evidence of significant work in the weight room by most of the DL. Clayton, Zuniga, Davis, Jefferson, Reed and Ancrum are all still linebacker-sized. So, I guess they had better things to do.

Just checked Bammer's roster to see if I'm perhaps misjudging. Bammer has ten DLs weighing 280 or better, six weighing 300 or better. We have three and one.

Does anyone believe that McArthur Bennett added 30 pounds?

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well, he has to, regardless of whether or not he weighs as much as a Trailerbammer linebacker. I was hoping to see some evidence of significant work in the weight room by most of the DL. Clayton, Zuniga, Davis, Jefferson, Reed and Ancrum are all still linebacker-sized. So, I guess they had better things to do.

Just checked Bammer's roster to see if I'm perhaps misjudging. Bammer has ten DLs weighing 280 or better, six weighing 300 or better. We have three and one.

Agree Law. Our DL size....and depth is concerning. Even Clark is down 15lbs, at 311, and he's our biggest DT.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

Closer to forty, I think.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agree Law. Our DL size....and depth is concerning. Even Clark is down 15lbs, at 311, and he's our biggest DT.

Good thing about it is we are adding a couple of behemoths at the position next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator