2016 SEC Coaches Salaries

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How about a link for the highest paid ADs? I love that one. Its weird, as if their actually compensation is related in no way to actually winning football games in the last 7 years.

Last edited:

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
A lot of over payed coaches on that list, including Muschamp.

Butch Jones and Mark Stoops to start with. Stoops gets paid for losing and Butch gets called out early in the season by the Vols fans, yet gets an extension and a rraise.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kirby was UGAs only choice. His agent probably named his price. That's a lot for a first time coach.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who exactly was Georgia outbidding for smart? He wasn't going to Columbia anyhow.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who exactly was Georgia outbidding for smart? He wasn't going to Columbia anyhow.

Bama. They pay as much for their coordinators as other teams pay for their head coaches.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bama. They pay as much for their coordinators as other teams pay for their head coaches.
They're not gonna pay 3 mil and even if they was willing to do that,he still would have taken the head coaching job at uga .

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They're not gonna pay 3 mil and even if they was willing to do that,he still would have taken the head coaching job at uga .

No. Not 3 million. But that's about the going rate for an SEC head coach. I think Smart's salary was about $1.5 million at Bama. I assume that Jawga would have to pay him about $3 million for him to leave since he would be next in line for the Bama vacancy. They probably overpaid by about half a million.

I don't think most people have a problem with spending money and going out to get who you want. It's when you do extensions while they drive your program into obscurity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator