2017 College Football team talent composite

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yet he blew past the Bama D in the SEC Champ and went up over 2 DB's and snagged a TD. :lol:
He didn't blow past anyone. He did out jump a couple of DB's in garbage time. He was too short and too slow and not shifty enough.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just not impressed. Scarlett is a mediocre player who cant block, doesn't have breakaway speed, and doesn't juke or cut very well either. Callaway hasn't actually done much of anything besides that Tennessee game where he made 1 big play; hes good at running the wrong routes tho... and of course getting high and stealing. Cleveland looks good but not like amari cooper or calvin ridley good, not even by a long shot. The qbs mac has pulled in are a big bag of meh... franks is a nice kid, but he was a project and mac isn't going to improve anything from what they came in as; we know this for a fact at this point.

I'd trade that whole mixed bag just to have Grier behind center because at least he can make something happen vs a bunch of guys that might be able to respond to something happening around them.

I do think Scarlett and Callaway are a little over-hyped for what they have actually done. Like you say he doesn't cut that well etc and is mostly just good at breaking tackles.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I do think Scarlett and Callaway are a little over-hyped for what they have actually done. Like you say he doesn't cut that well etc and is mostly just good at breaking tackles.
Consider the fact that the only folks hyping them are fans of the team... have you really heard or seen media pieces about them hyping them up? Nope...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dangest, GatChat's gone "dumbfloundered, flabbergassed" in talkin' about where we never were, instead of where UF's future ain't going nohow!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The 247 Team Talent Composition was last updated in September 2017, so we probably won't see the updated version of this until after the season kicks off.

Taking a look at this it's really surprising. Take a look at the number of 5-stars on some of the rosters....and 4-stars.

Last year we entered the season with the 17th best roster in CFB, w/ two 5-stars and 26 4-stars, for only 28 "blue-chip" players. Mullen signed 12 "blue-chip" players in the last class, but we lost a few to graduation/transfer.

Any guess where we project in the 2018 team talent composite?

I'm curious where Tennessee will be ranked (will they be ahead of us again?). Also, UCLA was 11th last year - which is surprising to me. Does Chip Kelly have enough talent there to win immediately?

Some other surprising numbers of the number of blue-chip players (or lack of):

#20: Miami - one 5-star, 24 4-stars
#25: Miss State - one 5-star, 15 4-stars
#27: South Carolina - no 5-stars, 19 4-stars
#29: Nebraska - no 5-stars, 16 4-stars
#31: Kentucky - no 5-stars, 15 4-stars
#37: Wisconsin - six 4-stars
#42: Missouri - one 5-star, six 4-stars

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Two five stars on the team last year. Remember when we used to get 3-5 PER CLASS and the rest of the class was pretty much all 4 star blue chippers?

Thanks Fooley.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My old posts we're like a conglomerate of Nostradamus' brilliance in this thread. You're all welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.