2017 CWS: UF National Champions!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Another nice win for the good guys. Just when I thought they used up all their good breaks in the first 2 games, the breaks returned with Liput's ground out that turned into an rbi single by hitting the bag and Hicks' flyout out that turned into a triple. Thank goodness for Hicks last nite. It is a good thing I gave up on any of Sully's teams being able to sac bunt or hit the ball to the right side to move runners along, otherwise I would have gone ballistic watching that last nite. Be that as it may, they are still standing. Unable to hit, injuries, suspect depth in bullpen, but somehow they have a chance. Going into the season, Sully was certain this was his year, but based on how the season played out, few probably thought we would even get to Omaha. Maybe first thoughts will turn out to be correct.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Faedo and Singer can take you where you need to get.....Spahn and Sain and pray for rain....

DRapp

Sep 6, 2014
"Coach Kevin O’Sullivan said Faedo was “probably” finished for the season after throwing 113 pitches Saturday."

If the Series goes to a game 3 on Wednesday, why would you not consider going with Faedo? That would be 4 days rest.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
a bind
I got distracted and missed this game. See what happens when I don't watch them?

Well J, watch but root for LSU so UF wins.

Did Faedo just have cramps in his calf or is an injury involved? The dynamics of pitching demand that all appendages be in tip-top shape. Guthrie & Maldanado may play but won't they be compromised? So yeah, it's gonna depend solely on our pitchers (without Faedo?). Our lack of depth puts us in a bind. But, I assume by our winning the season series vs LSU that our pitchers can dowse LSU's hot bats.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Singer threw a complete game against them, allowing only 1 run in the process. That looks good.

So our probable rotation is - Singer, Kowar, Dyson?

Do we know what their rotation will be? Did Lange pitch recently? Poche pitched against the Noles so I figure he'll be up for game 1?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Singer threw a complete game against them, allowing only 1 run in the process. That looks good.

Do we know what their rotation will be? Did Lange pitch recently? Poche pitched against the Noles so I figure he'll be up for game 1?

I'd say Singer-Dyson-Kowar, although game 2 could be a "kitchen sink" game depending on how game 1 goes.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Lange pitched on Friday against OSU, so he would be available on three days rest for game 2 or full rest for game 3.

I still think we see Faedo in some capacity in game 3 if needed. He did throw 118 pitches, but on 3 days rest, he could give us 3-4 innings in a pinch.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Definitely agree, Faedo will pitch if there is a game 3, like the super, in some relief.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have no idea what the outcome will be but the fact that we are still standing still somewhat amazes me given the way the season went. Losing Reyes to transfer really hurt b/c he looked like he was going to be a hitter, but we have other guys that we thought could hit but they did not. Other than Byrne, not a single guy developed out of the bullpen until Dyson had that monster day in the Super Regionals. We lost midweek games to teams we normally don;t lose to, but many of them were decent teams which IMO helped us in the long run with strength of schedule, here's why. I thought going into the tourney we would be seeded 1 spot behind LSU. Yes we beat them 2 out of 3 earlier in year, but they seemed to be the 2nd best team going into tourney at that time behind OSU. But the committee gave us the nod which put us opposite OSU. Then UNC got bounced in the regional by Davidson. Mind you I am not saying we got lucky, but these are breaks, and every team needs some breaks, just like last nite. LSU has played 5 games in Omaha, we have played 4. LSU hits much more than we do, has a much better bullpen and their starting pitching while not as deep as our 3, is set up better b/c of when those guys pitched. Be that as it may it is baseball, and anything can happen, just like striking gold with Dyson against Wake Forest. So for us it will be Singer, then Dyson (I like him better out of bullpen but we have no choice), and then piece it together after Dyson departs in Game 2. Game 2 would mean only 3 full days rest for Kowar and I don;t think that would happen. And if there is a game 3, Kowar would start and I assure you Faedo would be used somewhere.It may be only for 2 innings, but he is strong enough to give us 2 innings on 3 fulls day rest. Maybe we will catch a rainout one day as well, LOL. So on paper, I would say Game 1 is a must win for us, but they don't play on paper and with baseball anything can happen. OSU lost half as many games in 2 days as they had lost all season! Welcome to baseball!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
"Coach Kevin O’Sullivan said Faedo was “probably” finished for the season after throwing 113 pitches Saturday."

If the Series goes to a game 3 on Wednesday, why would you not consider going with Faedo? That would be 4 days rest.

Because Sully plans to sweep lswho! JK, I would imagine it's coach speak but he'll get Faedo prepped just in case.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

That would be 3 days rest, not 4

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Well, I must admit that I been saying we needed to take a different path this year and we did. No #1 seed, no pressure just play ball.

I like our chances but No one can say the expected us here, including myself.

Go Gators

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm counting from Saturdays start at 8 until Wednesdays start at 8 = 96 hours which is 4 days.

Just an FYI, that's not how it works. It would be on 3 days rest, trust me I'm not making this up.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sticking it to the crybaby Corndogs on a national stage again will be priceless.

I can already hear the bellyaching...."there are clouds in the sky in Omaha, why don't they move the games to Baton Rouge?"

I really hope some of our fans make signs to that effect tomorrow.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ss.jpg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Another nice win for the good guys. Just when I thought they used up all their good breaks in the first 2 games, the breaks returned with Liput's ground out that turned into an rbi single by hitting the bag and Hicks' flyout out that turned into a triple. Thank goodness for Hicks last nite. It is a good thing I gave up on any of Sully's teams being able to sac bunt or hit the ball to the right side to move runners along, otherwise I would have gone ballistic watching that last nite. Be that as it may, they are still standing. Unable to hit, injuries, suspect depth in bullpen, but somehow they have a chance. Going into the season, Sully was certain this was his year, but based on how the season played out, few probably thought we would even get to Omaha. Maybe first thoughts will turn out to be correct.

FF, nice? Come on...it's a huge win. We're in the finals. We got this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator