2017 CWS: UF National Champions!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I want this natty bad. All those fsu teams that choked. To get a natty before them would be so sweet.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Also, if I'm not mistaken (and I certainly may be), I think the only schools that have won national championships in baseball, basketball, and football are Michigan and Ohio State. And Michigan's baseball title was in the '60s and Ohio State's basketball title was also in the '60s. So if we can win this natty, we would be the only school in the last 45+ years to win national championships in the big 3 sports. That's mighty impressive!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Also, if I'm not mistaken (and I certainly may be), I think the only schools that have won national championships in baseball, basketball, and football are Michigan and Ohio State. And Michigan's baseball title was in the '60s and Ohio State's basketball title was also in the '60s. So if we can win this natty, we would be the only school in the last 45+ years to win national championships in the big 3 sports. That's mighty impressive!

Somebody posted a list of 5-6 schools who've done it (including meatchicken and posu). Still, that's a pretty short list.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Wouldnt it be kool to have one in each sport?

Ok, maybe a football and 1 basketball for a baseball?

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Any updates on Dalton's injury?

Will Larson be in the lineup tonight? Clearly he is our worst player here at the CWS.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Pretty interesting to watch this - http://floridagators.com/watch/?Archive=6952&type=Archive

LSU coach made a good point in that video.

LSU has a slight advantage because they started the tourney one day earlier than UF, meaning their #1 pitchers are at different points in their day count in between starts. As a result, Faedo will not be available to start (maybe he can come in as a reliever on Wed if necessary) but LSU's #1 pitcher would be able to start in the potential game 3.

So it is critically important for UF to win game one tonight.

Go Gators.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have two footballs and a basketball in the garage. I'll make the trade.

I'm not giving up my golf clubs.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Did anyone else see this? You don't hold the damn trophy until you earn it...

Attachments

• gatorscws.jpg
    gatorscws.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 181

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Just imagine the meltdown FSU fans will have if the UF baseball team brings home a title to add to the football and basketball titles.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty interesting to watch this - http://floridagators.com/watch/?Archive=6952&type=Archive

LSU coach made a good point in that video.

LSU has a slight advantage because they started the tourney one day earlier than UF, meaning their #1 pitchers are at different points in their day count in between starts. As a result, Faedo will not be available to start (maybe he can come in as a reliever on Wed if necessary) but LSU's #1 pitcher would be able to start in the potential game 3.

So it is critically important for UF to win game one tonight.

Go Gators.
I'm pretty sure LSU's #1 guy (Lange) could easily pitch tomorrow on 3 days rest if he had to. If LSU wins tonight, you could put money on him taking the mound tomorrow. So basically tonight is the must win of all must wins. :lol:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure LSU's #1 guy (Lange) could easily pitch tomorrow on 3 days rest if he had to. If LSU wins tonight, you could put money on him taking the mound tomorrow. So basically tonight is the must win of all must wins. :lol:

It's a must win for more than that reason. The "look alike thread" curse would weigh heavily on my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator