2017 CWS: UF National Champions!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Congrats to all involved with the team. It was not easy nor always pretty, but it finally happened. All the bad breaks that we seemed to always get in Omaha, went our way this year from balls hitting bags, to foul pole homer, to baserunner interference, to opponents hard hit line drives staying up long enough to reach our outfielder's, it just seemed like our time. Couple that with very good pitching and some timely hitting and it finally happened. Am still shocked that we won last nite given that we had a chance to put up 6 or 8 runs early and just could not seem to scratch. But it was just our year. We have taken better teams to Omaha, but the best team usually does not win. Bit shoutout to DZ23, who called it long ago by saying just get into the tourney and just get to Omaha, but not as the prohibitive favorite, and see what happens. Well we lost games in the regional and super regional and were not the hottest team when the Series started, but finished at the top. Nice going DZ. Now if you will just show up at fall baseball practice and demonstrate the correct form for Sac bunting, you will have totally earned your keep. Nice going Gators!!!

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Specific thoughts on the game itself......

Tyler Dyson was tremendous. Second career start. LSU couldn't make good contact with his pitches. Going to be awesome for us next year.

To see the LSU make those early game mistakes was surprising. They were obviously wilting under the pressure.

The Gators seemed very confident in their ability to get to Poche early.

Great game by the Gator infield, both from an Offensive and Defensive standpoint. They really hit the ball well and that throw home by JJ was clutch.

LSU's Slaughter's slide into Dalton was dirty. Cleats first slide to the knee should have resulted in a high heater to the ribs of some LSU player.....it's one thing to slide UNDER the defensive player but to keep your cleats high is dirty.

I think Kowar coming in really gave our Gator bats some life in that B8.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
ESPN is sh@t, they were slobbing knob on lsu all game both games and then got it crammed up their azz in the 8th!!!
GATORS: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for kicking the corndogs' azz for the whole world to see while the ESPN crew with resident nole sh@tbird talking all the sh@t he can. Waxing poetic about his time in trailerhassee and grinding his teeth when he knew we were going to TAKE IT ALL!!!

It reminds me of Billy Ball beating ucla. All we heard from the commentators was ucla's rich history. All Billy did was beat them twice in 12 months to make our own history.

Welcome to The Club, Sully! ⚾⚾⚾

Go Gators!!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now that SULLY has WON his National Title, WHO will the Trolls and Haters and Complainers target next to hate on at UF????

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
BTW - you know the corn dogs will complain about the "bs" interference call. Of course, the 8th inning pretty much nullified that argument... despite how flagrant the foul was. Cry, corn dogs, cry.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats to our guys. There were moments in the later innings where it just felt like nothing was going our way,
and then we manage to get out of not one, but two jams in both the 7th and 8th with the lead . The successful bunt
by Rivera will go down as unnoticed by many, but was really the key to our big 8th. It forced LSU to load the bases
to get a force out at each base, and obviously we made them pay for that extra runner. With the rotation pretty much
set going into next season, and many key pieces set to return, a trip back to Omaha seems likely.

1- Liuput (SS,moving from 2B)
2- Reese (2B/possibly CF)
3- JJ C
4- NM RF
5- India 3B
6- AL LF
7-Hicks 1B/DH
8-Bell DH/1B
9-Baker CF

It's possible one of the freshmen come in and take the job at 2B, pushing Reese to CF or the bench.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
BTW - you know the corn dogs will complain about the "bs" interference call. Of course, the 8th inning pretty much nullified that argument... despite how flagrant the foul was. Cry, corn dogs, cry.

Yes their coach whined a little, when he sees the film it is clear our player is outside the base and gets kicked perhaps not on purpose. I assume that if we did not get the out at first that also would have been an out. It did turn the momentum as did the tag at home that after watching it several times was not even close as the tag got his head first.

It was annoying seeing those foolish LSU fans, and somewhat their players celebrating at second base.

I also did not like too much coverage of the losers.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Was Scott Stricklin in attendance last night?

Nevermind.

http://floridagators.com/galleries/?image=120425

http://floridagators.com/galleries/?image=120459

galleries

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can't say I ever thought I'd see that but I'm damn happy that I did! I could have done without the mild heart attack there for a bit though.

:chomp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator