2017 CWS: UF National Champions!

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Congrats to all involved with the team. It was not easy nor always pretty, but it finally happened. All the bad breaks that we seemed to always get in Omaha, went our way this year from balls hitting bags, to foul pole homer, to baserunner interference, to opponents hard hit line drives staying up long enough to reach our outfielder's, it just seemed like our time. Couple that with very good pitching and some timely hitting and it finally happened. Am still shocked that we won last nite given that we had a chance to put up 6 or 8 runs early and just could not seem to scratch. But it was just our year. We have taken better teams to Omaha, but the best team usually does not win. Bit shoutout to DZ23, who called it long ago by saying just get into the tourney and just get to Omaha, but not as the prohibitive favorite, and see what happens. Well we lost games in the regional and super regional and were not the hottest team when the Series started, but finished at the top. Nice going DZ. Now if you will just show up at fall baseball practice and demonstrate the correct form for Sac bunting, you will have totally earned your keep. Nice going Gators!!!

Thanks Man! So much to say about this team and path to title, simply Amazing Run. Finally!!

I've attended football games yearly and 1 basketball game in Gville. Baseball series is next on the list when we get the new cover on field!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Some eye popping stats.

UF hit a collective .222 in the CWS

No errors

Pitchers averaged just over 11 strike outs a game

Teams hit .215 against us

gave up just over 2.8 walks a game.

Great pitching and D goes a long way

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Baseball just set off a series of events that will have this place buzzing for years to come.

1. Baseball National Championship
2. Football makes the playoffs with a real chance to win it all with a crazy improved offense!
3. Men's Basketball cuts down the Nets and wins the NCAA Tournament!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Baseball caps off the year with another Championship!!!!!!!!

Long enjoyable ride ahead

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Congratulations to UF baseball and Coach Sully on winning the national championship!!! Helluva job fellas!

:chomp:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Baseball just set off a series of events that will have this place buzzing for years to come.

2. Football makes the playoffs with a real chance to win it all with a crazy improved offense!

You're a dreamer, but I like your enthusiasm!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Heck, why don't we just win all three of the big 3 men's sports in the same year? Nobody's done that yet, have they?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
DDapy3MVwAAIeGi.jpg:large

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Any "Title" before the invention of football helmets and prior to desegregation is completely insignificant IMO......

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Heck, why don't we just win all three of the big 3 men's sports in the same year? Nobody's done that yet, have they?
Hell I don't think anybody has even won 2 in the same yea.....er, wait a minute!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

...a little mood music for the CWS sweep of the coon @sses.

Great to be a Florida Gator, huh?! Everybody knows about the pitching, but how about the good fundamental defensive baseball (excluding Larson's dive, of course)? Thinking this and might have even typed it in a thread, but as several have alluded, this was a great coaching job by Sully. Most likely his best because he's certainly had better rosters. "Believe" was definitely a theme and an idea that the players bought into when many of us on this side did not. A great thing about sports when this type situations come forth. Glad it happened to us. Coon @sses heading for the exits like Dixie beer was being given away outside was great! A baseball national title is especially gratifying for a guy my age...as hard as they are to come by, I might be just a fond memory when the next one comes around (but I'm holding out for a back-to-back!). Great lesson on pulling more for the team than simply the results. Enjoy it. It is truly special!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats to SULLY!! What a MASTERFUL coaching job by him THROUGHOUT the season on our way to our FIRST Baseball NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!! Go Gators!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator