Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
We did our best to land Leatherwood, but Bowl said he got kidnapped and is being held against his will in Trailerboosa, Trailerbama. FBI is apparently unable to locate him.

At least we finished second, Im told.
Man...there was all kinds of shady sh*t going on in that recruitment. The Kid snuck to our bowl game against Iowa without telling anyone close to him and someone spotted him...took pictures...then posted them on Twitter. Allegedly some of Bamas secondary staff members saw it and then sent his handlers to meet him in the parking lot to make damn sure he didn't do what HE wanted to...Go to UF! His mom got what she wanted though :shakehead:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I understand...TRUST ME! We're not what we once was but with Foley now gone I expect everything is going to be fixed soon. It May be 2-3 yrs but it will be corrected because we now have an AD who understands that football is the bell cow at UF and hes going to spend whatever it takes to make us relevant again!

I completely disagree. Hell stricklin gave Mac and Nuss huge raises despite mediocre results. Also spending just enough for middle of the pack facilities won't cut it. Mullen is his make or break hire though. If Mullen succeeds he'll look like a genius. If not he'll get sent to CUSA . Imo I wouldn't be shocked if Jay Jacobs took over if Stricklin got the boot

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I think we should be recruiting Florida.
We are getting our asses handed to us in state and have been doing so for 7 yrs so its nothing new. We're having to go elsewhere for recruits because the NCAA would smash us if we were recruiting like the programs who are coming in this state and pulling all the top talent. Only a select few can get by with the bullsh*t that's going on down south!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I completely disagree. Hell stricklin gave Mac and Nuss huge raises despite mediocre results. Also spending just enough for middle of the pack facilities won't cut it. Mullen is his make or break hire though. If Mullen succeeds he'll look like a genius. If not he'll get sent to CUSA . Imo I wouldn't be shocked if Jay Jacobs took over if Stricklin got the boot
Wait until you see the all-n-one facility then talk to me about "middle of the pack" facilities. Dude is also in the process of getting all new dorms built and making huge upgrades to the Swamp so pump your brakes for a little bit! Btw...that contract extension was started by Fooley before Stricklin came into the picture. However he did finish the negotiations with Foley's assistance from what I was told. The only mistake he's made so far is listening to the idiot who ran a perennial top 5 program into the ground!

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Wait until you see the all-n-one facility then talk to me about "middle of the pack" facilities. Dude is also in the process of getting all new dorms built and making huge upgrades to the Swamp so pump your brakes for a little bit! Btw...that contract extension was started by Fooley before Stricklin came into the picture. However he did finish the negotiations with Foley's assistance from what I was told. The only mistake he's made so far is listening to the idiot who ran a perennial top 5 program into the ground!

A good friend of mine works for a prominent construction company and says the difference between stricklin and foley is huge.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some quick math. If a team took a full OL and all prospect were top 20 at there positions the teams line would be top 10 in the country by rating.

My point wasn't that I don't like this kid, but that I am not jumping up and down. He is a good take, but I want to start seeing the guys that will allow us to beat UGA/Bama and win titles.

Obviously if you pair this guy with a bunch of other top lineman and great talent everything changes... I'll get excited when I start seeing a lot of that.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
My point wasn't that I don't like this kid, but that I am not jumping up and down. He is a good take, but I want to start seeing the guys that will allow us to beat UGA/Bama and win titles.

Obviously if you pair this guy with a bunch of other top lineman and great talent everything changes... I'll get excited when I start seeing a lot of that.
That’s my point as well. Warren is a solid take. White does not look like a bad take. I want to finish with KJ and JT

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Allegedly some of Bamas secondary staff members saw it and then sent his handlers to meet him in the parking lot to make damn sure he didn't do what HE wanted to...Go to UF! His mom got what she wanted though :shakehead:
No offense but this is Buttershyt. Leatherwood is a 6'5" 315 pound man. No one kidnapped him.

He may have also liked UF but he went where he wanted to go, even if that means he wanted to go where mama wanted them to go.

Only those Butterfied morons didnt know you have to recruit mama too.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No offense but this is Buttershyt. Leatherwood is a 6'5" 315 pound man. No one kidnapped him.

He may have also liked UF but he went where he wanted to go, even if that means he wanted to go where mama wanted them to go.

Only those Butterfied morons didnt know you have to recruit mama too.
How many of these kids have male role models at home? I would be shocked as hell if Leatherwood did. Who has to sneak around to visit when you’re a 5*? Not saying the stories are true about him wanting to go to UF, but he certainly didn’t act like someone who knew how to handle the situation, which wasn’t a tough situation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are getting our asses handed to us in state and have been doing so for 7 yrs so its nothing new. We're having to go elsewhere for recruits because the NCAA would smash us if we were recruiting like the programs who are coming in this state and pulling all the top talent. Only a select few can get by with the bullsh*t that's going on down south!
So we are going to Gyorgia and Kali? I thought we were sure Trailerbammer and Ugly were paying their players. Where do we go where the other team isn't paying?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How many of these kids have male role models at home? I would be shocked as hell if Leatherwood did. Who has to sneak around to visit when you’re a 5*? Not saying the stories are true about him wanting to go to UF, but he certainly didn’t act like someone who knew how to handle the situation, which wasn’t a tough situation.
I'm saying it is a bunch of Bowl listening toolbags who made up a story so they'd feel better about being continually wrong.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A good friend of mine works for a prominent construction company and says the difference between stricklin and foley is huge.
You mean he isn't being asked just to slap a fresh coat of paint over the 1950s cinder block walls?

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Also LB Diwun Black is coming in for a visit. He was a Miss st commit while Mullen was there.
giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wait until you see the all-n-one facility then talk to me about "middle of the pack" facilities. Dude is also in the process of getting all new dorms built and making huge upgrades to the Swamp
No offense, but Ive heard this shyt since the 90s. "We are finally going to catch up." Then they see the bill and cut stuff left and right, all so they can send 80-120 mil per year in football revenue God knows where.

We were going to get a giant all in one facility and ended up w Heavener basically being a trophy case. Hell they were promising Billy to replace the tent after 98, didnt do it til he left.

Whatever. I will believe it when I see it. Fooley is still in the building and so is every piece of his fvkked up penny pinching staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.