Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
No thanks.

247 has went to sh*t buddy! I cancelled my subscription Last week because i was getting info on everything a week before them and when me and others would post a thread about that info they would delete our threads and then write an article about what we posted then put it up like they had the info first. That site is going down in flames!

Sorry guys, referenced wrong link, and edited the post accordingly. Seems my work firewall doesn't like rivals.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Was in the chat yesterday and literally thought. Damn, Higdon sounds a lot like Marianna.
We are on alot of stuff but he has WAY more connects than I do. I played ball at North Florida Christian in the late 90's and we won a couple of state championships during that time so I met alot of people in North/Central and South Fl along with folks from GA & Alabama. We've stayed in touch all through the yrs and Alot of those same people went on to play or coach at every level so if they have a kid we're after in those areas I'll hit them up and get the low down on that kid. Higdon is a good dude who actually loves the game/recruiting (unlike most of the clowns on the pay sites) so he eats and breathes this sh*t! He has connects across the country and also has the time to stay on top of everything unlike me. The spring/summer is when I make my money so once fall hits I should have alot more time to be able to bring more info to the board. We've been so damn busy this yr that I've been working 14-17 hr days 7 days a week :lol:

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
We are on alot of stuff but he has WAY more connects than I do. I played ball at North Florida Christian in the late 90's and we won a couple of state championships during that time so I met alot of people in North/Central and South Fl along with folks from GA & Alabama. We've stayed in touch all through the yrs and Alot of those same people went on to play or coach at every level so if they have a kid we're after in those areas I'll hit them up and get the low down on that kid. Higdon is a good dude who actually loves the game/recruiting (unlike most of the clowns on the pay sites) so he eats and breathes this sh*t! He has connects across the country and also has the time to stay on top of everything unlike me. The spring/summer is when I make my money so once fall hits I should have alot more time to be able to bring more info to the board. We've been so damn busy this yr that I've been working 14-17 hr days 7 days a week :lol:
Make that money Marianna

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Heard we told him some stuff about his game he didnt want to hear. Cried and ran. Got fat and got dropped by us and the Dawgs and bam FSU comes to pick up the garbage.
That's exactly what happened! We were recruiting him as a DT so we landed a better player who isn't a drama queen and who doesn't have grade/weight issues. Hunter is allegedly lazy and only does the bare minimum to get bye. We have enough of those types on our roster in my opinion!

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
That's exactly what happened! We were recruiting him as a DT so we landed a better player who isn't a drama queen and who doesn't have grade/weight issues. Hunter is allegedly lazy and only does the bare minimum to get bye. We have enough of those types on our roster in my opinion!
The clowns can have that trash.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The point Donk and a few others were making is that a lot of the guys with the top ratings don't have bodies that are ready for playing quick. Maybe you missed the past couple seasons because our offense induced a fugue state, but our Oline is broken. Once we get to where we are functional, maybe we can go after guys who are going to eat, lift and grow into their bodies for two years until they become 300 plus pound road graders. All but a handful of the 4/5 star tackles are light and all of the Centers are under 290. You have a larger percentage of the OG's that have the weight but their heights are all over the place. Evan Neal for example is 6'7. I can't see him playing at that height at OG and he might not have quickness to play tackle.

So realistically you want 2-3 interior lineman in the class, who do you take above this guy in our area? He's a big body that every SEC-W school has offered. Neal? Huge, but probably too tall. Putnam? Talented, but needs to grow into his body. The only guy I'd like to see more is Keiondre Jones. Even though Auburn is pushing hard for him I think we have an excellent shot especially if Emory Jones is playing early. We get those two and I think you need to be pretty happy with that part of our class.

Three stars need to be a red flag when we are battling FAU for their services. This kid is not one of those.
I'm not missing the point at all, dude. Humphries was a 240 lb linemen that had no bussiness being a 5 star. I get totally get it, You need some big uglies on the interior that may not look very athletic so they're not rated highly. But when you're looking for an elite left tackle, it's silly to cross off guys because they're 5 star prospects . I'm 100 percent ok with not going after the npf's and the humpries of the world but if you can pull in a alex leatherwood, you get him.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I'm not missing the point at all, dude. Humphries was a 240 lb linemen that had no bussiness being a 5 star. I get totally get it, You need some big uglies on the interior that may not look very athletic so they're not rated highly. But when you're looking for an elite left tackle, it's silly to cross off guys because they're 5 star prospects . I'm 100 percent ok with not going after the npf's and the humpries of the world but if you can pull in a alex leatherwood, you get him.

So my question to you was posed above. Who do you go after rated above this guy in the southeast? It's great to be a national recruiter but our wheelhouse should always be our state and region. This guy is a great get and better, I think than Putnam who is higher rated. Other than Jones, there is nobody higher rated that I would want as much or more.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So my question to you was posed above. Who do you go after rated above this guy in the southeast? It's great to be a national recruiter but our wheelhouse should always be our state and region. This guy is a great get and better, I think than Putnam who is higher rated. Other than Jones, there is nobody higher rated that I would want as much or more.
Nobody. I said a few post ago that i think this is a good pick up . I feel like mac would slow play a guy like this and we end up losing him. I'm glad we took him while we could.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Nobody. I said a few post ago that i think this is a good pick up . I feel like mac would slow play a guy like this and we end up losing him. I'm glad we took him while we could.

Yeah, I don't think anyone would pass on a guy beating down our door that is a Leatherwood, Et al but I am happy that we seem to not be clawing after guys that need to grow. If we sign a solid class this year next year I would expect us to go after more of the higher ranked "projection" type guys. If we aren't landing them next year I'll start to get concerned.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone bi*ching about taking a 6'4 325 lbs OL from Buford high school should be bi*ch slapped and banned!

I'm not bitching, but I'm not jumping up and down either. He is a nice get and I certainly wouldn't push him away, but I think I have gotten so used to use not matching up with other teams from a talent perspective that unless I see a guy is top 10 or 5 at his position I'm not getting super excited.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The point Donk and a few others were making is that a lot of the guys with the top ratings don't have bodies that are ready for playing quick. Maybe you missed the past couple seasons because our offense induced a fugue state, but our Oline is broken. Once we get to where we are functional, maybe we can go after guys who are going to eat, lift and grow into their bodies for two years until they become 300 plus pound road graders. All but a handful of the 4/5 star tackles are light and all of the Centers are under 290. You have a larger percentage of the OG's that have the weight but their heights are all over the place. Evan Neal for example is 6'7. I can't see him playing at that height at OG and he might not have quickness to play tackle.

So realistically you want 2-3 interior lineman in the class, who do you take above this guy in our area? He's a big body that every SEC-W school has offered. Neal? Huge, but probably too tall. Putnam? Talented, but needs to grow into his body. The only guy I'd like to see more is Keiondre Jones. Even though Auburn is pushing hard for him I think we have an excellent shot especially if Emory Jones is playing early. We get those two and I think you need to be pretty happy with that part of our class.

Three stars need to be a red flag when we are battling FAU for their services. This kid is not one of those.

Our Oline is broken because it’s chock-full of 2 and 3 stars. And it was run by Summers. And our S&C coach sucked donkey ballz.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I'm not *****ing, but I'm not jumping up and down either. He is a nice get and I certainly wouldn't push him away, but I think I have gotten so used to use not matching up with other teams from a talent perspective that unless I see a guy is top 10 or 5 at his position I'm not getting super excited.
How would anybody know whether he's top 5 in his position. Do they compare them against common opponent DE and then grade them how well they did? Had each one pull and see how well they did against the DE or LB? Measured the second level blocks for each one.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How would anybody know whether he's top 5 in his position. Do they compare them against common opponent DE and then grade them how well they did? Had each one pull and see how well they did against the DE or LB? Measured the second level blocks for each one.

Yawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator