Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It’s sad that we keep thinking our best chance at guys is because other guys commit! It used to be our best chance was because we were UF

I wouldn't view this one that way. I'd view it as Oregon pursued another target because they got in on Pittman late and are worried he may commit to UF. On the other hand, most schools sign several WR's and Pittman may want to be in a highly rated WR class. He's lower rated than this kid, so he wouldn't be the 'marquee' WR in the class though, so that's another reason why he may come to UF.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Also Billy G is a very accomplished WR coach. He’s put more guys in the NFL than Oregon’s WRs coach. That would be a reason to pick UF.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I wouldn't view this one that way. I'd view it as Oregon pursued another target because they got in on Pittman late and are worried he may commit to UF. On the other hand, most schools sign several WR's and Pittman may want to be in a highly rated WR class. He's lower rated than this kid, so he wouldn't be the 'marquee' WR in the class though, so that's another reason why he may come to UF.
Exactly

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
ATXGator said:
It’s sad that we keep thinking our best chance at guys is because other guys commit! It used to be our best chance was because we were UF

You wouldn't view it that way, but then make ATX's exact point, our best shot is because some other guy committed?:dunno:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Love the potential of this kid, but am I the only one that thinks he isn’t very fluid? Great athlete, but not too natural of a passer right now.

He's good enough for what he'll be asked to do in this offense. Mullen and Co. already have him working on drills to improve his footwork and accuracy. Look at Tebow as the example; the QB doesn't have to have the best mechanics in the world to excel in Mullen's offense, just be able to make the throws and hit the open receiver. His latest video clips already look better in the accuracy department. This kid has the potential to do very well here and I'm excited about him being a Gator.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He's good enough for what he'll be asked to do in this offense. Mullen and Co. already have him working on drills to improve his footwork and accuracy. Look at Tebow as the example; the QB doesn't have to have the best mechanics in the world to excel in Mullen's offense, just be able to make the throws and hit the open receiver. His latest video clips already look better in the accuracy department. This kid has the potential to do very well here and I'm excited about him being a Gator.

I don’t disagree but that was besides my point. It’s odd for such a great athlete who runs extremely fluid to have such a rigid throwing motion. I’m still excited for what he can do here though :)

leogator

May 5, 2018
Love the potential of this kid, but am I the only one that thinks he isn’t very fluid? Great athlete, but not too natural of a passer right now.
That's why I wanted Brian Maurer as the second QB in this class.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t disagree but that was besides my point. It’s odd for such a great athlete who runs extremely fluid to have such a rigid throwing motion. I’m still excited for what he can do here though :)

The thing is his throwing motion really isn't that rigid; it's compact. He has a very quick release and little to no windup. If you watch his follow-through you'll see the fluidity there and it's very consistent. Just my opinion of course.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The thing is his throwing motion really isn't that rigid; it's compact. He has a very quick release and little to no windup. If you watch his follow-through you'll see the fluidity there and it's very consistent. Just my opinion of course.

So maybe I am the only one who thinks it’s rigid :lol:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Here is the way I do view it... kids should come to UF to play at UF. Our coaches should be able to recruit top talent and sell the school and their vision. Who goes elsewhere shouldn't matter. We should be a top 5 program. I am so tired of all the excuses while UGA who hasn't won anything since I was 4 years old is destroying us.

Even Taggart and his Mickey Mouse memes are out recruiting us right now.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
He says that Oregon offers him the opportunity to play right away and he loves the staff there. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator