Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At least we can put recruit people at work.

Can’t say I have ever seen an FSU grad in a professional work place. On the floor yes in the office no .

UF champions of real life
Is Burger King professional?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Why is it worth a listen for someone to tell me that the Gators suck?

They're pretty clear on the changes/improvements Mullen needs to take in recruiting. They really took the debate head on and weren't reaching for pump or fluff. But they didn't just trash the guy outright either.

If he gets it and we can begin to chart the corrections they point out as necessary, then there's reason to have hope for his tenure given that he is a decent x's and o's guy. Certainly better than the last bunch.

If we don't see the course corrections they mention, then we can avoid surprise over being somewhere above suck and below great.

It really seems Sanders will be the commit that shapes the near future for the program's outlook, almost like a latter day Emmitt, who was courted by bama but came here and set the school back on track post-Pell. Or Tebow, also pursued by bama, who stayed home and helped usher in our most recent golden patch.

I hear the bammer bagmen are working overtime, but others say family loyalty to UF will win the day.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There isnt much doubt to anyone who pays any attention at all that we dont have elite recruiters on this staff. The only real question is if Mullinz is smart enough to fix the problem or too arrogant to care.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
There isnt much doubt to anyone who pays any attention at all that we dont have elite recruiters on this staff. The only real question is if Mullinz is smart enough to fix the problem or too arrogant to care.

Yep. Nutshell.

But these HCs have big egos and all think they know better. The dumping of Seider and the way he's coming back into the state and picking off better recruits for Pedo State while we whiff in Cali suggest DM won't come around.

Please prove me wrong Danny Boy!!!!

Last edited:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
We desperately need him to turn this mother around.

I hate to say it because, right now, it doesn't look good, but everything rests on Sanders' decision.

Yes, great OL, LB, and DL are a must, but this kid is the splashy, impact, high visibility 5 star offensive weapon programs build their swagger around on the trail. And he's good.

Think about us without Tebow coming in and going to bammer instead.

It is what it is. You can see the threads of fate being woven right before us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to say it because, right now, it doesn't look good, but everything rests on Sanders' decision.
Im not talking about this class. that saves face slightly, nothing more.

I mean fixing the staff, so we arent doing this next year too. pay whatever to land some elite assistants bc Mullins sure isnt an elite recruiter himself.

Last edited:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Im not talking about this class. that saves face slightly, nothing more.

I mean fixing the staff, so we arent doing this next year too. pay whatever to land some elite assistants bc Mulkinz sure isnt an elite recruiter himself.

i agree, but a bump class superstar like sanders would make the job of an improved 2020 cycle recruiting staff much easier.

kids would already feel that UF is a place worth getting involved with for the foreseeable future if they see sanders buy in.

good recruiters could build a positive message around that concrete evidence. poor ones would find a way to fumble at the goal line.

i think the two go hand in hand. think how different the Meyer regime would have been without Tebow staying loyal to his home ground in that second recruiting class.

we rode that notoriety half way thru chump. at least on the defensive side of the ball.... i don't think it was simply a matter of his staff's silky skills at persuasion.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This Gators Breakdown vid takes the deep dive into historical recruiting numbers and the current class and pretty much validates most of the misgivings we've been expressing relative to Mullen and his future here. Bottom line: coaches who don't show steady improvement in recruiting in their second and third classes fail.

His ceiling will be around 10 wins with no championships, barring the miraculous.

This is depressing but well considered and worth a listen,

These guys are the best podcast in Gator Nation right now. They are honest and provide statistical backup to why they say what they say.

It really is depressing to to listen to this and hear how Penn State and Oregon have higher ranked players from the state of Florida than UF does.

Hopefully this changes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why is it worth a listen for someone to tell me that the Gators suck?
two of them are absolute Pumpers one is a jackass about it but quality wise it's it's pretty good stuff.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So UF is "stuck-mired" with Mullin's inabilities. He won't evolve as an HC-CEO. His crew will accept being outdone. They won't be improving; they won't be 'swapped out' for betters. Players will not develop better under this regime. Mullin's players will just accept being 'schooled' by each player they line up facing, year after year. Mullin's at Florida will be a 'zero-growth' HC-CEO. The meteoric HC-CEOs UF deserves all hire on at other schools ... and our UF adminins can't stop driving them there. "Mudwallow, mudwallow. All for Gators, lay down & mudwallow."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.