Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Actually, the safeties played OK once Taylor went out with an injury. He have had a lot of injuries to our safeties this year but Brad Stewart and Shawn Davis are rounding back into shape. Cine and Cortez Andrews and Battle are the ones we are really after but we are also looking at plan B guys.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Honestly, I'm not sure. It seems the 2019 kids had their favorites before our staff arrived and we were behind the 8-ball. You'd think they could pull one of the in-state kids, but right now we're looking at Plan B's. I get it, as our program is a sh*t-show....but recruiters recruit. So....I'm hoping we see a strong finish and get at least one blue-chip Safety in the class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Stiner still sucks. Taylor can at least tackle, sometimes.

I think Stiner is a kid that needed another year as a back-up and ST's player. He's got potential to be better than he is....but he's been thrown to the wolves. You can thank that piece of sh*t Butters for recruiting like he was still at Colorado State for that. He's a kid who I have no problem adding to a class at a position of need.....understanding he'll have to wait his turn or hit the road by his 3rd year if it looks like he's not going to contribute. I hate to say that a true sophomore "sucks", when the kid is doing his best in the situation he's been put in. The depth issue in the secondary is inexcusable. And, like you've said a million times....we should move a failed WR over there (Wells? Green? Somebody dammit!).

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stewart seems to have made a couple giant steps since the first week

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I'm not sure. It seems the 2019 kids had their favorites before our staff arrived and we were behind the 8-ball. You'd think they could pull one of the in-state kids, but right now we're looking at Plan B's. I get it, as our program is a sh*t-show....but recruiters recruit. So....I'm hoping we see a strong finish and get at least one blue-chip Safety in the class.
We are getting killed by several first-year coaches. That excuse sucks.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Trazzzz, points out the very essence of assuredly building a top tier CFB Program - that is CEO angle = coach-hires handling pretty much "natural talent" player-position, then pay great attention to getting a guy that excels at bringing in the best, those recruits.

Extending the "overhaul concept" of a rebuilding process, get the on-field "stars" drawing our lessers (Stiner) into earning on-field usefulness. Then, put them in as good backups.
The really top teams have "first string" second strings, like Bama, OSU, Clemson ...
Ultimately, Mullen needs to get UF on it's way, at a good pace.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We are getting killed by several first-year coaches. That excuse sucks.

I'm not using it as an excuse. And if you haven't noticed, we've climbed the recruiting rankings....other than Jimbo we're about on par w/ most of the other first year coaches, give or take a few spots. We have 15 commits, we'll end up with 23-25, which likely puts us in the top 15 - right on par w/ most of the other first year coaches who are "killing" us.

If we get the kids that are projected to us, all we need is a blue-chip safety, another blue-chip OL, and a DL and this class will actually be pretty good (not UGA or Alabama good, but the best class we've had in years).

leogator

May 5, 2018
Who is the heir apparent to David Reese as our MLB? Is there one on our roster already? Or is it going to be one of the recruits?

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not using it as an excuse. And if you haven't noticed, we've climbed the recruiting rankings....other than Jimbo we're about on par w/ most of the other first year coaches, give or take a few spots. We have 15 commits, we'll end up with 23-25, which likely puts us in the top 15 - right on par w/ most of the other first year coaches who are "killing" us.

If we get the kids that are projected to us, all we need is a blue-chip safety, another blue-chip OL, and a DL and this class will actually be pretty good (not UGA or Alabama good, but the best class we've had in years).

Not sure where he ends up but I can't think of any big football school in the South with a new coach only pulling a 15th type ranked class in their 2nd class in the last few years except Mac. All the rest have have got top 5 or top 10 classes in their first full class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not sure where he ends up but I can't think of any big football school in the South with a new coach only pulling a 15th type ranked class in their 2nd class in the last few years except Mac. All the rest have have got top 5 or top 10 classes in their first full class.

So, with that logic, who is he supposed to jump?

You've got these established teams ahead of you to get into the top 10: Alabama, UGA, Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma, and LSU. Then you have newcomers like Jimbo at Texas A&M - a proven coach and a proven recruiter w/ an NC ring and Oregon, where Cristobal has been for 2+ years. Then you have FSU who has been better than us for years and they hired a better recruiter. Then there's a team like Texas, and Michigan, and Notre Dame, and Penn State. I think getting into the top 15 with those teams - at this point in the rebuild - is pretty good. Sure, we all want a top 10....or better yet, a top 5. But until we see marked improvement, get facilities upgraded, and stop looking like a sh*t-show we probably have to settle for top 15's for another year or two.

Here's the other kicker....we are getting into the meat of our schedule. We're probably looking at 2 or 3 (or more) ugly losses....then everyone will melt down again and people will start questioning the hire and b*tching about not having a top 5 recruiting class.

You can thank Jeremy Foley, Butters, and Muschamp (among others) for not having a top 10 class. Mullen sure as hell is making a strong effort.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So, with that logic, who is he supposed to jump?

You've got these established teams ahead of you to get into the top 10: Alabama, UGA, Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma, and LSU. Then you have newcomers like Jimbo at Texas A&M - a proven coach and a proven recruiter w/ an NC ring and Oregon, where Cristobal has been for 2+ years. Then you have FSU who has been better than us for years and they hired a better recruiter. Then there's a team like Texas, and Michigan, and Notre Dame, and Penn State. I think getting into the top 15 with those teams - at this point in the rebuild - is pretty good. Sure, we all want a top 10....or better yet, a top 5. But until we see marked improvement, get facilities upgraded, and stop looking like a sh*t-show we probably have to settle for top 15's for another year or two.

Here's the other kicker....we are getting into the meat of our schedule. We're probably looking at 2 or 3 (or more) ugly losses....then everyone will melt down again and people will start questioning the hire and b*tching about not having a top 5 recruiting class.

You can thank Jeremy Foley, Butters, and Muschamp (among others) for not having a top 10 class. Mullen sure as hell is making a strong effort.

My view as of now is he just doesn't have a real good recruiting staff and needs to make a change to get a good recruiter in here. Facilities need to be taken care of also.

At a school like UF its mostly on the people recruiting imo. Heck Texas and A@M haven't had the decent seasons we had in recent years and they had no problem bringing in top 2nd classes with new coaches despite the train wreck on the field.

leogator

May 5, 2018
More than the ratings and the stars, I want the winners, the playmakers the people that dominate at their positions. For the longest time, Clemson would dip down to Florida and $steal a Spiller here, a Deon Cain there, a Frank Lasdon there. They have had very good QB recruits, very good WR recruits...in their 2019 class they have also have 13 3*. They would be killed around here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
More than the ratings and the stars, I want the winners, the playmakers the people that dominate at their positions. For the longest time, Clemson would dip down to Florida and $steal a Spiller here, a Deon Cain there, a Frank Lasdon there. They have had very good QB recruits, very good WR recruits...in their 2019 class they have also have 13 3*. They would be killed around here.

Clemson has been light on numbers many years but they are bringing in people Bama and teams like that are fighting for. They definitely have some nice recruited talent there. The last 5 stars that we have had to really produce good are probably those DBs Muschamp got before he left.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Who is the heir apparent to David Reese as our MLB? Is there one on our roster already? Or is it going to be one of the recruits?

dear lord, dan needs to do everything in his power to get David to stay for his senior year.

getting the stud LB recruits to understudy with David will be key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.