Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Yeah, I don't know why people pick on McWilliams. I have never seen him grossly out of position. Sometimes you get beat because it is a perfect pass to the perfect spot for a receiver. Other times because he 6'4" and you're 5'10". Is he a great CB, no. Is he as bad as people make him? No. I wonder why Brian Edwards is not playing in his place since Mac Williams is so bad?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't care were we get our 5*s. Our local 5* wide receiver, Frank Lasdon received a rather large bag from Clemson which we have been unable or unwilling to match. Maybe you can help us match it since you are a successful attorney.

I hate to say this, and @ltraz brought this up in the 2019 Roster thread: but why would a top WR want to play in this offense? Clemson actually throws the ball (and has a future 1st rounder at QB). Jefferson, our leading WR, had ZERO catches vs. UGA. We passed for 105 yards vs. UGA. Cleveland had 2 catches...for 10 yards. Who wants to play WR in this offense? Sure, if we were in a battle w/ Navy, Ga Tech, and Georgia Southern I'd expect to get the WR. But Clemson, Texas A&M, West Virginia, and many, many others have much more exciting offenses than we do. I'm going to stop worrying about our WR recruiting. It doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
I hate to say this, and @ltraz brought this up in the 2019 Roster thread: but why would a top WR want to play in this offense? Clemson actually throws the ball (and has a future 1st rounder at QB). Jefferson, our leading WR, had ZERO catches vs. UGA. We passed for 105 yards vs. UGA. Cleveland had 2 catches...for 10 yards. Who wants to play WR in this offense? Sure, if we were in a battle w/ Navy, Ga Tech, and Georgia Southern I'd expect to get the WR. But if Clemson, Texas A&M, West Virginia, and many, many others have much more exciting offenses than we do. I'm going to stop worrying about our WR recruiting. It doesn't really matter.
Well we have who we have at QB. Until and unless we start passing the ball successfully, with consistency, we will probably not be able to attract wide receivers of any talent. It all starts and ends with the QB. I wish we had kept Matt Corral or signed up Fields or signed up Terry Wilson or even Joe Burrow.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well we have who we have at QB. Until and unless we start passing the ball successfully, with consistency, we will probably not be able to attract wide receivers of any talent. It all starts and ends with the QB.

Yep. Maybe the 2021 class will land us a few top WR's...or not. Again, I just don't see it (top WR's wanting to play in this). Even UGA's run heavy offense has a more exciting passing game (same w/ Alabama). There's probably 8 to 10 better offenses in the SEC alone for a top WR to choose. I hate to say it, but it's true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.